New Jersey Plans Two Refundings Totaling $1.71 Billion in January
- Turkey. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;7/9/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 27, p25
Reports on the Turkish parliament's passage of a budget on June 30, 1999. Overall deficit in the budget; Forecast of a primary surplus; Reason behind the strain on the budget; Government's implementation of structural reforms to reduce real interest rates.
- Getting back on the wagon. Ramsey, Dave // Wilson County News;12/16/2015, Vol. 42 Issue 50, p4A
The article presents questions and answers related to personal finance including budgeting, and debt management.
- Paterson Stands By His Plan As N.Y. Legislature OKs Emergency Budget. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;4/21/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33303, p20
The article reports that despite the approval of the emergency budget worth 4.61 billion dollars to allow the state continue paying its debt by Legislature, Governor David Paterson stands by his proposed spending cuts and revenue proposals in New York until April 25.
- Political explanations for the difficulties in congressional budgeting. Fisher, Patrick // Social Science Journal;1999, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p149
Assesses the budget allocation capabilities of the American Congress. Significance of democracy to national allocations; Implications of socio-political factors in balancing the budget; Role of congressional representatives in the lobbying process; Importance of public interests in budget...
- Why we can't raid dedicated funds. GROSS, MARTIN // New Hampshire Business Review;6/26/2015, Vol. 37 Issue 13, p21
The article argues against the move of New Hampshire legislature balance budgets by raiding dedicated funds which are raised by special fees imposed to support special programs rather than by general taxation.
- Washington House Seeking $324M in Added Bonding. // Bond Buyer;2/23/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32325, p32
The article reports that the Washington House has introduced a supplemental state capital budget. It adds $324.4 million in various bonding authorizations to the $1.4 billion of bonds already approved by the Legislature for the last half of the biennium. The budget covers spending from July 1,...
- Montgomery County Executive's Budget Includes Payments for $250M of GOs. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;3/14/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32586, p5
The article reports on the budget proposal of Isaiah Leggett, executive of Montgomery County, Maryland, for fiscal 2008. According to Leggett, the $4.14 billion budget is based on the sound economy of the county and the expectation that it will see continued and sustainable growth. The proposed...
- No GOs This Year. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/8/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32085, p31
Reports on the conclusion of the 2005 session of the Utah Legislature with a ready budget for fiscal 2006. Decision of the legislators not to issue general obligation debt; Plan of using the money for capital facilities; Ratings of agencies on the bonds of the state.
- Different Strokes. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;4/16/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p3
The article reports on the state budgeting and taxation advisory approved and sent to Lansing, Michigan by the members of the Grand Valley Metro Council. The council members showed restraint toward the budget action taken by state lawmakers when they ratified the document, despite the...