New Jersey Plans Two Refundings Totaling $1.71 Billion in January
- Turkey. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;7/9/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 27, p25
Reports on the Turkish parliament's passage of a budget on June 30, 1999. Overall deficit in the budget; Forecast of a primary surplus; Reason behind the strain on the budget; Government's implementation of structural reforms to reduce real interest rates.
- Getting back on the wagon. Ramsey, Dave // Wilson County News;12/16/2015, Vol. 42 Issue 50, p4A
The article presents questions and answers related to personal finance including budgeting, and debt management.
- Paterson Stands By His Plan As N.Y. Legislature OKs Emergency Budget. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;4/21/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33303, p20
The article reports that despite the approval of the emergency budget worth 4.61 billion dollars to allow the state continue paying its debt by Legislature, Governor David Paterson stands by his proposed spending cuts and revenue proposals in New York until April 25.
- Political explanations for the difficulties in congressional budgeting. Fisher, Patrick // Social Science Journal;1999, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p149
Assesses the budget allocation capabilities of the American Congress. Significance of democracy to national allocations; Implications of socio-political factors in balancing the budget; Role of congressional representatives in the lobbying process; Importance of public interests in budget...
- Why we can't raid dedicated funds. GROSS, MARTIN // New Hampshire Business Review;6/26/2015, Vol. 37 Issue 13, p21
The article argues against the move of New Hampshire legislature balance budgets by raiding dedicated funds which are raised by special fees imposed to support special programs rather than by general taxation.
- Washington House Seeking $324M in Added Bonding. // Bond Buyer;2/23/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32325, p32
The article reports that the Washington House has introduced a supplemental state capital budget. It adds $324.4 million in various bonding authorizations to the $1.4 billion of bonds already approved by the Legislature for the last half of the biennium. The budget covers spending from July 1,...
- Montgomery County Executive's Budget Includes Payments for $250M of GOs. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;3/14/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32586, p5
The article reports on the budget proposal of Isaiah Leggett, executive of Montgomery County, Maryland, for fiscal 2008. According to Leggett, the $4.14 billion budget is based on the sound economy of the county and the expectation that it will see continued and sustainable growth. The proposed...
- ARIZONA: Built-In Budget Gaps. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/31/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33089, p9
The article reports on the move of Republican leaders in both chambers of the Arizona Legislature to release separate proposed budgets for fiscal 2010, but both fall short of a balanced plan. It states that the House proposal includes a $465 million shortfall, while the Senate version has $313...
- Tennessee Legislators Hope to OK Budget in Time to Avoid Shutdown. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;06/05/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30905, p3
Reports on the efforts of the Tennessee General Assembly to come up with a budget for fiscal 2001 to avoid having the government shut down due to its failure to balance the budget. Proposal by Governor Don Sundquist; Impasse between lawmakers and Sundquist.