Jobless Claims Climb 8,000 to 357,000
- Job Growth at a Stalemate Across Area. // BusinessWest;3/20/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p82
The article reports on the stagnant job growth in Pioneer Valley, Massachusetts as of January 2006. The unemployment rate of the region for January 2006 was 5.85 percent, a slight increase compared to the 5.82 percent in January 2005. The reasons cited by business leaders for stagnant job growth...
- Number of registered job seekers falls 6.6%. // Hungary A.M.;11/25/2013, p4
The article presents data from the National Labor Affairs Office of Hungary as of October 2013, including the number of registered job seekers, the number people unemployed for more than one year, and the number of job vacancies.
- Jobs in jeopardy. Chinnery, Kevin // BRW;9/4/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 35, p10
The article reports on the deteriorating employment situation in Australia. The number of business announcing workforce cuts is increasing across all sectors and for a variety of reasons, but many of them are downturn-related. The portents are not good in job vacancies either, with employment...
- Regional variations in employment and unemployment during 1970-82. Rosen, Richard J. // Monthly Labor Review;Feb84, Vol. 107 Issue 2, p38
Presents data on regional variations in employment and unemployment in the United States from 1970 to 1982. National economic events during the period and their regional repercussions; Data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics' Local Area Unemployment Statistics and the Current Employment...
- The rise in number of jobless is unremitting. // Human Resources (09648380);Jun2009, p14
The article offers updates on the unemployment rate from April 2008 to April 2009 in Great Britain. Private sector employment decreased by 13,000 in the fourth quarter of 2008, while public sector employment increased by 15,000 in the same period. Job vacancies climbed to 455,000 as well as...
- 4.2%. // BRW;9/18/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 37, p11
The article reports that the Australian unemployment rate remained at 4.2 percent during August 2008. According to the author, the year-on-year rise in employment numbers was 2.2 percent against a rise in the unemployed over the same period of just 0.4 percent. The author adds that the figures...
- News. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;7/10/2009, Vol. 199 Issue 4585, p86
The article presents news items related to employment in Great Britain. British employment minister Jim Knight has urged hospitality employers to improve the job market by taking advantage of schemes offered by the government. The government has declared that young people under 25 will lose...
- Occupational Hazards? Bednar, Joseph // BusinessWest;Jun2001, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p14
Focuses on unemployment rate in Massachusetts, as of June 2001. Effect of unemployment on the 2001 college graduates; Jobs that are in demand; Information on the condition of the job market in Massachusetts.
- LABOUR MARKET ASSESSMENT. Macaulay, Claire // Labour Market Trends;Mar2004, Vol. 112 Issue 3, p87
Assesses the labor market of Great Britain. Employment rate between October and December 2003; Information on the increases in the number of workforce jobs; Unemployment rate in 2003; Level of vacancies for November 2003 to January 2004.