California Lawmakers Go Back To Work With More of the Same
- California Lawmakers Fail to Reach Agreement on Plan for $11B Deficit. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;12/1/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33013, p5
The article reports on the failure of the California Legislature to make an agreement on how to solve the $11 billion budget deficit of the state. Republican Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger stated that there was a total failure on the legislature's part since the budget plan showed to be deep in...
- Budget Deficit To Compress Through Medium Term. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Dec2009, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p7
The article reports on the move of the government to approve its 2010 state budget draft in Czech Republic. It states that if the budget has been approved by the parliament, it would mark a significant reduction in the deficit. It mentions that the state budget will make a significant...
- For those who believe in Santa, please consider asking for a few of these stocking stuffersâ€¦. DeKoven, Robert // Gay & Lesbian Times;12/20/2007, Issue 1043, p29
The author presents the predicaments of the U.S. citizens. He mentions the need of the countrymen including the $14 billion for the mitigation of budget deficit in California, the support for Marty Block for his candidacy as Assemblymen, and the election of a Democratic president in 2008. The...
- Budget showdown continues. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;5/8/2003, Vol. 94 Issue 19, p6
Reports that $2.7 billion offered by the New York state legislature to overcome budget deficit of the New York City would not be enough to prevent New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg from carrying out spending cuts in budget for schools and health care programs in the city. Money which would...
- ARIZONA: Gap at $2.9B, Despite Cuts. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/7/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33093, p9
The article reports on the move of the Legislature's Finance Advisory Committee to put Arizona's deficit for fiscal 2010 at $2.93 billion, despite $600 million in budget cuts in fiscal 2009 that will extend into the next fiscal year, which begins July 1. It states that the projected shortfall...
- Legislature opens Jan. 11 with budget issues heavy and present. Sterling, Ed // Graham Leader;1/19/2011, Vol. 135 Issue 45, p4B
The article reports on the opening of the 82nd regular session of the Texas legislature on January 11, 2011 with rousing and high spirit speeches reflecting the budget deficits and highlights the remarks of state comptroller Susan Combs on biennial state revenue for general-purpose spending.
- Session to be 'all about money.'. Cooley, Megan // Journal of Business (10756124);12/19/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 26, pA1
Reports on the finance-related agenda of the Washington state legislature on its sessions in January 2003. Question of how to deal with a 2003-2005 biennial deficit; Priorities lined up by business leaders, higher-education representatives and local government officials.
- Mississippi Legislature Begins Session As State Looks to Tackle $600M Deficit. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/7/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31795, p5
Reports on the commencement of a four-month session by the Mississippi Legislature. Discussion of the budget deficits; Decline of the stabilization reserve; Assessment of the tax revenue estimates.
- California Budget Blues. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;11/5/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32997, p1
The article reports that California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger will call a special session of the Legislature to address a growing budget deficit. The Legislature will be asked to fix budget problems that have grown in the short time that has passed since the same lawmakers passed the...