Group: United Deal Favored Three Firms
- Bondholders Take Cos To Task For Filing Late. Sargent, Carolyn // High Yield Report;7/25/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 29, p1
Reports on the action taken by bondholders against issuers that fail to make payment or pending payment in the U.S. Benefits of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 for preparing financial statements; Failure of both Saks Inc. and Key Energy to file audited annual reports with the Securities and...
- Chap. 9 Past May Not Be Prologue. MCGEE, PATRICK // Bond Buyer;3/2/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33475, p1
No abstract available.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, April 26. // Bond Buyer;4/27/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32120, p2
The article presents tabular representation of market news for April 26, 2005. On this day Bond Buyer's volume was $5,896 billion, which is a decrease of $216.8 million than the previous day.
- How Risky Are Bonds if Interest Rates Rise? Dykes, Nash // AR Magazine;Oct2012, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p40
The article analyzes the implication of a rise in interest rates on bonds. The author explains that, when interest rates rise, the value of pre-existing bonds declines, while a drop in interest rates will result in the value of pre-existing bonds going up. He states that the past years leading...
- The Wealth Transfer Hypothesis in Corporate Acquisitions. Yook, Ken C.; Hudson, William C.; McCabe, George // Journal of Business & Economic Studies;Fall2010, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p14
Earlier studies that tested the wealth transfer hypothesis provide inconclusive evidence. This study identified the failure of previous studies to control for potentially biasing important factors. A new empirical study was carried out by using 288 bidders and targets added to the Credit Watch...
- Death Put Bonds. // Practical Accountant;Sep2004, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p18
The article focuses on Death put bonds that are usually corporate, and have an optional redemption feature. It allows the estate of the bondholder to have the bond issuer redeem the bond at par with the proceeds paid to the estate.
- Bondholders and Stockholders. McDaniel, Morey W. // Journal of Corporation Law;Winter88, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p205
Fueled by enormous quantities of debt, the restructuring of corporate America shows no signs of running out of steam. It is a wrenching phenomenon. But we are witnessing far more than a reallocation of resources to their highest valued use. We also are witnessing a massive transfer of wealth...
- On Financial Contracting: The Determinants of Bond Covenants. Malitz, Ileen // Financial Management (1972);Summer86, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p18
This article examines the determinants of bond covenants on financial contracting. We examined the role of bond covenants in controlling conflicts of interest between stockholders and bondholders. Our empirical results support the costly contracting hypothesis and provide evidence that managers...
- Moody's To Assess Strength of Bond Covenants. Stein, Gabrielle // High Yield Report;9/18/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 35, p1
The article reports on the plan to introduce a new covenant research and assessment framework for non-financial corporate issuers by Moody's Investors Service Inc. The plan arises as corporate strategies have established demands but the inadequate document protections have weakened the positions...