- Fiddler's Antique Show: The Doors Are Open, Come on In. Albertson, Karla Klein // Maine Antique Digest;May2012, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p26:B
The article offers information on the Fiddler's Antique Show which was held at the Fiddler's Inn in Nashville, Tennessee on February 1, 2011. It notes that the show was participated by 70 dealers which showcased the marketplace basics. It mentions several antiques that were displayed at the...
- Axtell Antiques, Deposit, New York. Donegan, Frank // Maine Antique Digest;Mar2007, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p1
The article features the antiques shop of Smitty Axtell in Deposit, New York. The author cites the losses in Axtell's shop due to a flood and how Axtell and his wife Sandra managed to reconstruct their shop. He stated that Axtell's passion is evidently centered on humble objects whose makers did...
- The Pier Antique Show. Pennington, Clayton // Maine Antique Digest;Feb2015, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p26-C
The article presents the highlights of the Pier Antique Show that was held in New York City, NY on November 22-23, 2014. The show was produced by the U.S. Antique Shows. Among the antiques offered were a 1900-10 bread-rising cupboard and etched flint glass decanters. The comments by show...
- ENGLISH COUNTRY IN THE CITY. // Architectural Digest;Apr2002, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p62
Presents information on the Alistair Sampson antiques shop in London, England. Product lines; Information on its owner; List of some antique collections.
- An inside guide to Tokyo antiques. Berman, A.; McHugh, J. // Architectural Digest;Mar1991, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p62
Gives advice on the best and most reliable antique shops, galleries and markets in Tokyo. Cautions; Protocol; Examples of shops and items. INSET: A guide to Tokyo's antiques shops..
- Ad travels: Antiquing on Long Island. Feld, David; Cunningham, Billy // Architectural Digest;Jun96, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p44
Features the shops that interior designer Renny Saltzman believes are the best for antique shopping on Long Island in New York. Shops including Southampton's Eaton Square Antiques and Meyer's Harbor Antiques in Wainscott; Finding a higher level of quality; Finding quality crafts along the way.
- Haute in Paris. // Architectural Digest;Jul98, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p23
Mentions the Haute Epoque furniture offered by Philippe Murat-David at his Paris shop. Availability of a 17th-century Savoie straw-work commode, an Arts and Crafts side table, a 1950s Gio Ponti chair, a Pierre Chareau console, and a pair of 20th century green leather club chairs by Porteneuve;...
- Antiquing in Scotland. Allen, J. // Architectural Digest;Oct89, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p166
Offers recommendations on finding the best antique shops and galleries in Scotland from New York designer Mary Meehan. Finding bargains; Purchase and shipping costs; Focus on shopping for pleasure, more than business.
- Travel guide. // Magazine Antiques;Mar96, Vol. 149 Issue 3, p464
Presents a travel guide on antique shops. Includes Duncan House Antiques in Gadsden, Alabama; Tillman's Antiques and Collectibles in Hot Springs, Arkansas; Patrician Antiques in Los Altos, California.