- upfront. // Furniture/Today;7/9/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 43, p4
Reports developments related to the furniture industry in the United States as of July 2001. Promotion of Bryan Edwards as vice president of sales of Lea Industries; Appointment of Rick Colford as the exclusive representative of Valina Leather; Dismissal of employees by Clayton Marcus.
- Wettest July on record boosts London furniture sales. // Cabinet Maker;8/21/2009, Issue 5651, p5
The article reports on the consideration of BRC-KPMG London Retail Sales Monitor over the impact of wet whether on the sales of furniture and homewares in July 2009 in London, England. According to research, the climate helped the furniture industry increase its sales in July compared to the...
- Stag to make 68 redundant. // Cabinet Maker;10/22/99, Issue 5160, p6
Reports that the Stag Furniture company will shed 15 percent of its workforce in an effort to reduce costs.
- Gabberts lays off employees in Dallas, Minneapolis. // Furniture/Today;9/29/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p68
Reports on the retrenchment of employees by Gabbert in the U.S. Centralization of the customer care functions; Result of the pending outsourcing of in-house credit programs; Improvement of productivity.
- How the Top 100 report is compiled. // Furniture/Today;5/25/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 37, p51
The article identifies the factors considered in identifying the top 100 furniture companies in the U.S. in 2009. The ranking is primarily based on the sales of furniture, bedding and decorative accessories including fabric and furniture protection. It only considers stores that specialize in...
- Worst sales since 1998. // Cabinet Maker;4/1/2005, Issue 5432, p5
Reports on the terrible condition of sales since 1998 in the furniture industry which is conducted by the Career Beliefs Inventory (CBI) in Great Britain. Findings of the CBI trades survey show that retailers sales volumes where lower than in March 2004; Affirmation on the findings that it is...
- Bedding majors post healthy 15.8% gain. // Furniture/Today;5/29/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 37, p60
The article reports on the increase in sales gained by the 11 bedding specialty stores included in the Top 100 listing furniture store listing of the periodical "Furniture/Today". The positive results were a continuation of the 2005 rebound as the combined group posted a 15.8 percent gain in...
- About this survey. // Furniture/Today;5/12/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 35, p22
Presents survey results on the ranking of the furniture manufacturers in the U.S. Increase of market share; Investment income.
- Consumers still prepared to splash out on sofas but fewer plan to buy beds. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;11/27/98, Issue 5116, p4
Reports on the results of the second CM/Dorlux Beds Consumer Watch survey in Great Britain. Increase in the number of consumers planning to buy furniture during the next 12 months; Popularity of upholstery products; Decrease in the number of consumers planning to buy beds.