Dedicated to design
- TALKING SHOP. Purves, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;8/28/2009, Issue 5652, p7
An interview with Andrew Purves, owner and buyer for Purves & Purves, is presented. During the interview, Purves mentions his experiences as a buyer for other retailers such as the Habitat and Liberty before deciding to start his own business with his wife Pauline. He discusses the philosophy of...
- Consumers give industry overdue wake-up call. // Cabinet Maker;7/27/2001, Issue 5248, p13
Highlights a consumer survey conducted by 'Cabinet Maker' which revealed that consumers in Great Britain are suspicious of furniture stores and that they dislike shopping for furniture. Factors behind the attitudes of consumers toward shopping for furniture and furniture stores; Furniture...
- Views. Macdiarmid, Fiona // Cabinet Maker;8/3/2007, Issue 5549, p8
The article offers the author's views on the challenges facing the furniture industry in Great Britain given the unprecedented shift in the way consumers shop. The author points out that retailers have been preoccupied by the threat posed by the Internet. The author also noted that aside from...
- At the crossroads. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;1/20/2006, Issue 5472, p114
The article reports on the results of Allegra Associates' study which showed that furniture retailers in Great Britain are failing to attract consumers into cross-category shopping. The study showed that consumers visit an average of 1.5 departments per store visit. The author asserts that...
- Talk. // Cabinet Maker;4/1/2005, Issue 5432, p9
Presents the viewpoints of the furniture store manager about customer attitude. Request for information about country of origin about the product and its source; Quality of the product; Sustainable source of the wood.
- Retailers hope 2005 presents fewer obstacles, more promise. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;12/27/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 16, p23
The article comments on the brighter business prospects for the furniture industry and trade. Furniture retailers are entering 2005 with a lot going for them--or rather a lot behind them. Experts forecast a positive ending to the business in 2004. But a lot of ifs make it difficult to project...
- Where do shoppers prefer to buy their furniture? // Cabinet Maker;1/20/2006, Issue 5472, p118
The article reports on the results of the "Cabinet Maker" magazine's consumer research. The study showed that 71 percent of respondents prefer to visit bricks and mortar specialist furniture store while 18 percent opt for home shopping. The study also showed that 3 percent of respondents chose...
- One-stop shops. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/2/1998, Vol. 176 Issue 2, p2
Presents information on consumer attitudes and behaviour when it comes to vendor shops. Purpose of vendor shops; Benefits of vendor shops; Features.
- ISB's Fountain of Chocolate Gets Raves, Spurs Sales. Harper, Roseanne // SN: Supermarket News;12/5/2005, Vol. 53 Issue 49, p55
This article reports on how a fountain of chocolate is causing excitement, and driving bakery sales at a newly-remodeled Byerly's store in Minneapolis, Minnesota, as of December 2005. The fountain, part of a large island display of chocolates, is part of the in-store bakery at the retailer's store.