TO DIY for
- Walmsley's moves back to health. // Cabinet Maker;12/15/2006, Issue 5518, p6
The article reports on furniture retailer Walmsley's investment in a distribution center in the West Midlands and opening of a store in Wales in March 2007, after going into administration on December 1, 2005. Faster delivery of value furniture to customers will be enabled by the distribution...
- Specialty stores finally grab top spot. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;9/3/2007, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p12
The article reports on the success of the bedding specialty stores to remove furniture stores as the largest channel of distribution for mattresses in the U.S. According to "Furniture Today," the bedding specialty stores have been gaining share for the last six years. The latest report marks...
- Furniture retailers slip a notch. // Furniture/Today;9/26/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p29
Solicits opinion from executives regarding the sales performance of furniture stores in the bedding market in the U.S. Effort of furniture stores in promoting bedding products; Decrease in the market share of furniture stores; Advantage of furniture stores compared to other channels.
- Retailers hope 2005 presents fewer obstacles, more promise. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;12/27/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 16, p23
The article comments on the brighter business prospects for the furniture industry and trade. Furniture retailers are entering 2005 with a lot going for them--or rather a lot behind them. Experts forecast a positive ending to the business in 2004. But a lot of ifs make it difficult to project...
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;3/26/2004, Issue 5381, p5
Presents news briefs on developments in the furniture industry in Great Britain, current as of March 26, 2004. Demolition of the Windsor House store; Consumer confidence regarding online shopping; Pre-tax profits of House of Fraser; Accidental death of Lee Entwhistle by grandmother's recliner.
- In a rough economv.tinding wavs to stav atloat. // Westchester County Business Journal;7/9/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 28, p17
The article presents consumer confidence on the performance of retail stores located outside New York.
- Furniture stores. // Furniture/Today;9/3/2007, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p13
The article presents the views of executives in the furniture industry regarding the performance of furniture stores in the U.S. According to Phillip Dobbs of Sealy Corp., furniture stores attract consumers who are interested in furnishing their entire bedroom. Kevin Damewood of Spring Air...
- Time is ripe to reach out to alternative channels. Linville, Jeff // Furniture/Today;4/11/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 31, p251
Suggests that furniture manufacturers and importers try alternative distribution channels in light of growing furniture sales in these outlets. "Furniture Today" periodical's ranking of the top furniture retailers based on 2003 sales which included Wal-Mart, Sam's Club and Lowe's Home...
- Testing consumers' confidence. // Cabinet Maker;09/10/99, Issue 5154, p8
Focuses on the importance of consumers' confidence in the furniture industry.