Time to wake the sleeping giants
- Dunlopillo sells bed operation for Â£12m. // Cabinet Maker;10/25/2002, Issue 5310, p1
Reports that the pan-European bed company Hilding Anders has acquired the British and Irish bed operations of Dunlopillo. Purchase cost; Dunlopillo's performance in 2001; Assets included in the deal.
- Strong duo. // Cabinet Maker;12/17/2004, Issue 5419, p4
The article reports that Hilding Anders AB, the parent company of Slumberland and Dunlopillo, has further strengthened its management team with two new directors. Stephen Walls has become production, purchasing and logistics director after three years as md of international liquid sealant group...
- POSitive image. // Cabinet Maker;5/20/2005, Issue 5439, p4
The article presents a photograph in which Simon Williams, marketing manager of Dunlopillo Ltd. and Mark Preston, marketing manager of furniture company Slumberland are pictured with some of the home furnishing items which include promotional tent cards, floor and wall display boards, footmats...
- Bed spotting. // Cabinet Maker;3/4/2005, Issue 5428, p39
Reports on the marketing strategy of furniture retailer Hilding Anders in Great Britain. Selection of celebrities to endorse the products; Appearance of the company's bed in the set of television programs.
- Faster bed deliveries. // Cabinet Maker;1/20/2006, Issue 5472, p8
The article reports on Dunlopillo and Slumberland's commitment to reduce their lead times to two weeks from March 2006. The decision the bed manufacturers will benefit retailers who are experiencing long lead times and erratic deliveries. Parent company, Hilding Anders UK invested Â£500,000...
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;7/27/2007, Issue 5548, p5
The article reports on global developments in the furniture industry and trade. The owners of Ipswich, England-based Relax Furniture and Bretts have opened a third Suffolk store known as Hopgoods in Stowmarket. Swedish bed and mattress maker Hilding Anders has acquired bed manufacturer Timbo....
- Dunlopillo sells consumer division. // Rubber & Plastics News;11/4/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p21
Reports that Harrogate, England-based Dunlopillo Holdings Ltd. has sold its consumer division to Swedish bed and bedding supplier Hilding Anders AB as of November 2002. Growth opportunities for the company's consumer division; Emphasis on its core business by the company.
- Newstead steps down. // Cabinet Maker;5/30/2003, Issue 5340, p5
Reports on the resignation of Patrick Newstead as marketing director of Dunlopillo and Slumberland parent Hilding Anders UK. Appointment of business area director as acting marketing director; Responsibility of Newstead for international activities;
- Pillows unit sold as Dunlopillo refocusses. White, Liz // European Rubber Journal;Dec2002, Vol. 184 Issue 12, p2
Reports on the sale of the pillows unit of Dunlopillo Holdings Ltd. to Swedish bed and bedding supplier Hilding Anders. Purpose of the deal; Terms of the deal; Use of the proceeds from the sale.