Have the early birds already caught all the worms?
- Sales slow despite discounts. // Cabinet Maker;12/3/2004, Issue 5417, p4
Reports on the increase in the sales volumes of furniture and floorcoverings retailers in Great Britain. Decline in the overall retail prices; Inquiry about the success of the discounting as retailers described a below average trading; Disappointment with the growth rate.
- Views. Clarke, Mike // Cabinet Maker;10/28/2005, Issue 5462, p9
Comments on the decrease in sales of furniture retail. Reason of the decrease; Efforts of successful furniture retailing companies; Advice on taking another strategy other than discounts and sale.
- Is the pricing right? Pamben, Deven // Cabinet Maker;8/11/2006, Issue 5500, p12
The article discusses the effect of cutting prices as a way of promoting trade particularly in Great Britain's furniture industry. Retailers are said to be tracking in a rough roads with prices falling to their lowest level this year. In addition, the British Retail Consortium Shop Price Index...
- Discounts up on 2004. // Cabinet Maker;1/21/2005, Issue 5422, p5
This article reports that retailers are offering larger sale discounts this month than in 2004, after evidence of larger than normal price establishing in December. Annual furniture retail price inflation jumped by 6.3% in December, according to National Statistics, as stores price established....
- Shoppers hunt for bargains. // Cabinet Maker;9/12/2008, Issue 5605, p4
The article reports on the retail survey conducted in Great Britain which found that retailers rely heavily on discounts and promotions to attract shoppers over the summer. The survey indicate that among extended clearance events, the bedroom and house textiles sales showed improvements. On the...
- Retail uptick boosts premarket mood. Linville, Jeff // Furniture/Today;9/22/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p43
Reports that an increase in retail sales has influenced positive attitude of retailers in the pre-market activity of the furniture industry and trade in North Carolina. Companies that participated in the pre-market activity; Impact of the activity on the sales of furniture companies who signed...
- U.S. revises industry numbers. // Furniture/Today;8/20/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 49, p14
Reports improvement in the furniture retail sales in the United States. Consumer demand for furniture and bedding; Increase in the consumer furniture spending; Comparison of the sales performance between 1998 and 1999.
- CONTENTS. Cooper, George // Cabinet Maker;6/29/2012, Issue 5794, p5
The article focuses on the use of sale by furniture retailers as a tool to fight against the effect of the downturn in Great Britain, wherein a research from PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) confirms that retailers used sales to help drive footfall compared to previous years.
- Mattress Firm gains 72 units. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;06/04/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 38, p8
Presents the top 100 fast growing furniture firm in the United States. Percentage of sales increase for Mattress Firm; Achievement of the 270-store bedding specialty retailer of the best unit-count growth; Dominance of Super Stores of America in the equivalent-store sales.