- Safety tactics. Burnley, Paul // Cabinet Maker;3/31/2006, Issue 5481, p17
The article reports on the implementation of the 2005 General Product Safety Regulations, specifically for manufacturers, retailers and importers in Great Britain. These manufacturers need to secure supporting documentation of product safety compliance and embark on a stricter monitoring regime....
- Tesco looks set to join the subcontinental shift. Waugh, Noelle // Finance Week (Centaur Communications);11/23/2005, p8
The article discusses how British company Tesco plans to take advantage of the opportunity being presented by the Indian retail market. The retail space is expected to change if the Indian government pushes ahead with proposals to open up the market to foreign retailers. Once liberalization of...
- Sales reps and distributors: defining the relationship. Ellison, Scott W. // New Hampshire Business Review;11/28/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 25, p7B
Provides information on manufacturing contracts. Defining the relationship between sales representatives and distributors; Issue on whether the representative or distributor has exclusive rights for sales within a particular geographic territory.
- Tackle the issues at source. Baker, Paddy // Works Management;Feb2003, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p20
Reports on the value of outsourcing arrangements to the competitiveness of British manufacturers. Improvement in the quality of service; Reduction in the capital expenditures; Partnership with specialist provider.
- Advance Payments in Contracts for Sale of Manufactured Goods: A Look at the Uniform Commercial Code. Speidel, Richard E. // California Law Review;May64, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p281
Examines the version of the U.S. Uniform Commercial Code for advance payments in contracts for sale of manufactured goods in California. Importance of pre-transaction planning based on articles two and nine of the Code; Details on the claims of creditors of and purchasers from the seller;...
- GST uncertainties remain. Flannery, Patrick // Chartered Accountants Journal;Jul2005, Vol. 84 Issue 6, p51
Focuses on the issues concerning the General Services Tax (GST) in New Zealand. Basis in considering a transaction as a taxable supply for GST purposes; Legality of charging GST on warranty payments received from overseas manufacturers; Details on the coverage of the GST Act.
- Budgeting for regulation. Maude, Francis // Accountancy;Jan2000, Vol. 125 Issue 1277, p70
This article presents a Great Britain Conservative Party proposal to cut down on the volume of commercial laws, bureaucracy, and trade regulation that hinder business enterprises and corporations. There will be a regulation budget for each Whitehall department. The actual cost to the business...
- PROTECTIONS AGAINST PRODUCT LIABILITY. Tynan, Robert J. // Business Lawyer;Jul65, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p845
Focuses on protections against product liability suits in the United States. Details of the privity requirement applied by American courts to manufacturers; Information on the Uniform Commercial Code; Discussion on the company investigation in products liability.
- Are You Ready? Harris, Angela D. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;11/16/2009, Vol. 238 Issue 11, p22
The article offers the three-step process in assessing furnace contractors readiness. It is stated that contractors should implement strategic practices in selling, installing, and servicing which are designed specifically for R-410A refrigerant. It mentions that contractors should also know the...