Forcing the Issue With Pension Funds
- Austin Police Plan Allocates to HFoFs. Lewis, Jakema // Investment Management Weekly;7/26/2010, p1
The article offers information on new hedge fund of funds investments worth 15 million U.S. dollars made by the City of Austin Police Retirement System (APRS).
- AT DEADLINE. // Pensions & Investments;1/7/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p1
Reports developments related to pension fund and investment industry in the United States as of January 2002. Recruitment of Indiana Public Employees' Retirement Fund for investment managers; Offer of no-load mutual funds of assets; Launch of the hedge funds of LJH Global Investments and...
- Institutions pump billions into hedge funds. Clair, Chris // Pensions & Investments;7/21/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 15, p1
U.S. pension funds, foundations and endowments allocated roughly $1 billion to hedge fund strategies in the first six months of this year and plan an additional $1.4 billion to $3.1 billion in investments by the end of 2003, according to a survey by the magazine 'Pensions & Investments.'...
- Investor activity in hedge funds: September 2015. Barreto, Susan // Invest Hedge;9/28/2015, p1
A chart is presented related to investments of several investors and associations on hedge funds including the Australia Retirement Benefits Fund, the Contra Costa County Employees Retirement Association, and the Hartford Municipal Employees Retirement System.
- San Mateo Moves Hedge Fund Process Along. Lewis, Jakema // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;5/6/2011, p7
The article discusses the move of San Mateo County Employees' Retirement Association (SamCERA) to mull hedge fund investments potential strategies.
- Alts still an option at UK's Hampshire. // Invest Hedge;11/23/2015, p32
The article reports that the Hampshire Pension Fund in Great Britain is still deciding the future of its alternative manager that will help the fund in investing on a direct basis into hedge funds and several other alternative asset classes as of late November 2015.
- REDEFINING PENSION ADVICE. Barlas, Stephen // Strategic Finance;Oct2015, Vol. 97 Issue 10, p11
The article discusses a proposed rule by the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) which would redefine the term "fiduciary" as applied to investment advice given by advisers to pension plans and require advisers to pursue the best interests of their clients.
- Capital introductions take on increasing dominance. Clair, Chris // Pensions & Investments;6/10/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p6
Reports the impact of capital introductions on pension fund investments. Establishment of the capital introduction at the Deutsche Bank Securities Inc.; Growth of capital introduction with the increase of hedge fund managers; Coverage of capital introduction.
- Bristol to Invest in Hedge Funds. Lewis, Jakema // Investment Management Weekly;10/11/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 40, p3
Reports on the plan of Bristol, Connecticut-based Bristol General Retirement System regarding an investment in hedge funds. Value of the pension fund; Background on the investment plan; Reason behind of the allocation of the pension trust to hedge funds.