The CFO Out Takes
- Building His Own Legacy. P., Shankar // Business News New Jersey;12/11/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 50, p11
Reports the business strategies of Ara Hovnanian, chief executive officer of Hovnanian Enterprises in the United States. Plans in developing family homes, townhomes and condominiums; Restructuring of mortgage banking division; Acquisition of companies.
- HOW CFOs ARE FEELING. // Fortune International (Europe);03/20/2000, Vol. 141 Issue 6, p20
Presents statistics of chief financial officers' observations of business conditions in the United States according to surveys by the periodical `Fortune.'
- Today's CFO Coping with Change. Marshall, Jeffrey // Financial Executive;Nov2004, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p37
The article discusses a series of reports published within the issue on chief financial officers and their responsibilities in the field of business in the U.S.
- The CFO Out Takes. // Investment Dealers' Digest;2/28/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 8, p21
The article presents information on the recent developments related to changes in the post of chief financial officer (CFO) in the U.S. San Francisco, California-based specialty retailer Sharper Image Corp. hired Jeff Nachbor as senior vice president and CFO. Waltham-based medical device maker...
- Notes. // Industry Week/IW;03/06/2000, Vol. 249 Issue 5, p62
Presents business updates in the United States (US) as of March 6, 2000. Internet marketing in the US; Survey of chief financial officers in the US.
- CFO's project financial hiring decline in fourth quarter. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;8/27/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p15
Reports on the decline in financial hiring projected by chief financial officers in the U.S. Plans of some firms to add accounting and finance staff; Percentage of companies foreseeing personnel reductions; Anticipation of some executives for no change in hiring activity.
- 2003 High-Performance Retailers (1997-2002 data). // Chain Store Age;Nov2003, Vol. 79 Issue 11, p33
Presents the 2003 high-performance retailers in the U.S. Chico's FAS; Abercrombie & Fitch; Christopher & Banks; Sharper Image. INSET: Methodology.
- A Career Exposes Lean's Pioneer Roots. // Business Finance;Jul2007, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p14
An interview with Mark DeLuzio is presented. When asked when did he started with Danaher Corporation, he replied that he was first hired at Jake Brake, a division of the Danaher Corporation as cost manager, as a result of his work he was later promoted to CFO of Jake Brake. In 1993, he was...
- IFRS'S SIGNIFICANT IMPACT ON TECHNOLOGY. // Practical Accountant;Oct2008, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p14
The article reports on the impact of the International Financing Reporting Standards (IFRS) to the technology systems of companies in the U.S. According to the paper "Technology Implications of IFRS Adoption for U.S. Companies," technology systems should not undermine the impact of IFRS....