SIA: No Windfall from Social Security Reform
- Don't Mess with the Most Successful U.S. Program. Shure, Non // njbiz;9/20/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p10
This article presents information on plans of the U.S. government, for the economic development of the nation. As expressed by President George W. Bush, at the Republican convention, the plan is as vague as it is deceitful. helped millions of senior citizens avoid poverty. Often misunderstood,...
- Saving Social Security? Langer, David // Christian Science Monitor;5/23/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 125, p9
Discusses the decision of United States president George W. Bush to appoint a Social Security commission, and the outlook for the privitization of Social Security.
- To Pitch Social Security Plan, Bush Not Turning to Bankers. Heller, Michele // American Banker;5/2/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 84, p4
Reports on the expected action of President George W. Bush's administration to create a commission to privatize part of the retirement savings income in the country's social security system. Expectations that the financial services sector will manage more of the country's retirement savings;...
- The Death of Social Security. Glassman, James K.; Cowen, Tyler // Reason;Apr2005, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p24
Offers a look at the Social Security privatization plan of U.S. President George W. Bush in 2005. Harm being caused by Social Security on liberty; Hazard created by Social Security on morality; Problems facing Social Security as a retirement system.
- SLC ad exec helps Vietnamese set up Social Security system. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;4/1/2002, Vol. 31 Issue 41, p4
Reports on the role of Salt Lake City advertising executive Cindy Kindred on training and developing a country social security system (SSS) in Vietnam. Project initiated by President George W. Bush; Provision of principles to analyze the simulation for acceptance and implementation; Eligibility...
- Bush folds hand on Social Security privatization. Lee, Karen // Employee Benefit News;Oct2002, Vol. 16 Issue 13, p71
Comments on the support of U.S. President George W. Bush on Social Security privatization proposals. Problem with Social Security; Choice if the Social Security will not be privatized.
- Message to the Congress Transmitting the Denmark-United States Social Security Agreement. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;3/3/2008, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p300
The article presents the message of U.S. President George W. Bush regarding the Denmark-U.S. Social Security agreement. The agreement is similar in objective to the social security agreements already in force with countries such as Australia, Austria and Belgium. Bilateral agreements provide for...
- Private Savings the Key. // World & I;Sep2000, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p63
Analyzes the proposed Social Security reforms of United States presidential candidate George W. Bush. His views on the importance of private savings account; His stance over investment in the stock market; His plans for payroll taxes.
- Reformers wrangle over Social Security tack, timeline. Francis, David R. // Christian Science Monitor;8/6/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 176, p17
Discusses the outlook for Social Security reform under the administration of United States President George W. Bush.