Going Private? Get A Fairness Opinion
- Careful What You Wish For. // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/6/2007, Vol. 73 Issue 31, preceding p3
The author reflects on the participation of publicly traded companies in investment banking in the U.S. According to the author, the private equity (PE) firm M&A would likely to stop its operation because larger companies are now using their shares as currency. He states that the strategy gives...
- Boom Times For Middle-Market Firms. Lugo, Denise // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/28/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 12, p38
Focuses on the benefits of private equity dollars for boutique investment banks. Plan of some boutiques to hire, to open new offices and to expand their coverage to new sectors; Hiring by Ryan Beck & Co. Inc. of 21 institutional equity and fixed income trading and sales professionals, and six...
- What's around. // Accountancy;Jul2002, Vol. 130 Issue 1307, p58
This article informs about various happenings in Great Britain in the field of commerce and finance. First it presents information about Magnus Partners formation as a firm, specializing in corporate finance advice, for small and medium-sized business. Next update is about Southern group, which...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: PRIVATE EQUITY. // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/1/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 44, p12
Depicts private equity fund raising in the United States during the third quarter of 2003. Fund raised by state and region; Fund raising by fund size recent as of November 24, 2003; Top performing local and international advisers.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: Private Equity. // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/3/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 22, p47
Presents several charts depicting private equity in investment banking. Investment option by The Carlyle Group and Coutts and Co.; Details on the private equity programs of The Vanguard Group; Lawsuits filed against managers of debt fund by Lazard.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: PRIVATE EQUITY. // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/21/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 25, p18
Presents charts depicting the private equity of investment banks as of June 2004 in the U.S.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: Private Equity. // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/17/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 24, p47
Reports updates on first quarter private equity in the investment banking in the U.S. as of June 2002. Statistic chart of private equity fundraising by state region; Forecast of the venture capital fund size; Rank value of top advisers.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: Private Equity. // Investment Dealers' Digest;02/18/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 7, p49
Presents several charts depicting the investment banking on private equity in the United States.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: Private Equity. // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/4/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 9, p45
Reports investment banking on private equity in the U.S. Private equity fundraising; Amount generated by the fundraising; Offer of investment advice.