Phantom Bookrunners Surface in IPOs
- UAE: Potential Sovereign Bond Is Equity Negative. // Emerging Markets Monitor;7/9/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 14, p19
The article focuses on the implications of a sovereign foreign currency bond to be issued by Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UAE) in 2007. Rating agencies Fitch and Standard & Poor's (S&P) gave an AA credit rating to the country. The issuance will provide a liquid benchmark for prospective UAE...
- Global Integration in Primary Equity Markets: The Role of U.S. Banks and U.S. Investors. Ljungqvist, Alexander P.; Jenkinson, Tim; Wilhelm Jr., William J. // Review of Financial Studies;Spring2003, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p63
We examine the costs and benefits of the global integration of initial public offering (IPO) markets associated with the diffusion of U.S. underwriting methods in the 1990s. Bookbuilding is becoming increasingly popular outside the United States and typically costs twice as much as a fixed-price...
- The latest IPO Newcomer. Tunick, Britt Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/12/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 15, p7
Reports on the growing interest of bankers in business development companies in the U.S. as an alternative initial public offering structure. Concept business development companies; Similarity to mutual funds.
- Consultant Pitches Millions That Can Be Made. // Credit Union Journal;2/23/2004, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p71
Focuses on the consideration of changing credit unions charters to a thrift or a bank. Evaluation of the financial rewards of the conversion; Correction of the compensation imbalance; Assessment of the initial public offering.
- Acwa Power plans to arrange $453m Saudi corporate loan. MARTIN, MATTHEW // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;3/1/2103, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p17
The article looks at the Saudi Arabian utility company Acwa Power as of March 2013, focusing on the company's finance. It says the company is in the process of seeking a loan from domestic Saudi banks, noting its previous financing has been from international banks for specific projects. It...
- Negotiated Bond Offerings. // Bond Buyer;7/09/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31673, p12
Presents information on negotiated bond offerings of various companies in the U.S. as of July 2003. Tentative dates for the offerings; Lead manager of these companies.
- Competitive Bond Offerings. // Bond Buyer;1/7/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31298, p7
Presents information related to competitive bond offerings in the U.S. as of January 2002. Tabular data of bonds issued by several companies.
- Negotiated Bond Offerings. // Bond Buyer;1/7/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31298, p10
Presents information related to negotiated bond offerings in the U.S. as of January 2002. Tentative dates for negotiated sales of over a five million dollars.
- Competitive Bond Offerings. // Bond Buyer;2/13/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31324, p7
Presents information about competitive bond offerings made in the U.S. as of February 13, 2002. Information about issuers and financial advisors; Amount and dates for offerings.