IDD Out Takes
- ART BUSINESS. Wright, Ben // Apollo: The International Magazine for Collectors;Sep2008, Vol. 168 Issue 557, p118
The author reflects on the effect of economic slowdown on corporate sponsorship of the arts. He notes that difficulties in securing government funding has forced arts organizations to rely on corporate sponsorship. He cites that the partnership of Miami Basel Design fair with the Hongkong...
- HSBC, firms and sets team up with A4ID. Swift, James // Lawyer;3/8/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p3
The article reports that the in-house legal team of team Hong Kong & Shanghai Banking Corp. Ltd. (HSBC) plans to partner with leading law firms and chamberse to provide pro bono advices to charities in the developing world through Advocates for International Development (A4ID) in Great Britain.
- HSBC IFA arm to go restricted. // Fund Strategy;11/ 5/2012, p1
The article reports on the conversion of the independent financial advisers (IFA) arm of Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corp. Ltd. (HSBC) as a restricted advice service after Retail Distribution Review (RDR).
- US Exports to China Will Outpace Imports. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);2/27/2012, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p8
The article discusses a forecast from the Hongkong & Shanghai Banking Corporation (HSBC) which said that U.S. exports to China will outpace the latter's import growth at an annualized rate of 7.1% since U.S. imports from China will only increase at a rate of 4.3%.
- HSBC goes green for charity. // People Management;5/30/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p9
Reports on the environmental protection activities of the employees of Hongkong & Shanghai Banking Corp. Information on the company's projects for the protection of jaguars and dolphins; Benefits for the company and the environment.
- Omantel advisory formally awarded. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;6/11/2004, Vol. 48 Issue 24, p18
Reports on the mandate awarded to a team of Bank Muscat and Hong Kong Shanghai Banking Corp. to advise the Finance Ministry on the sale of shares in Oman Telecommunications Co. (Omantel) in 2004. Percentage of shares that Muscat plans to divest through an initial public offering (IPO).
- 'The Deal' comes up with a winning hand in revamp. // B to B;3/10/2008, Vol. 93 Issue 3, p30
The article presents information on growth of the periodical "The Deal." The periodical boosted its circulation to 50,000 from 42,000 in June 2007 after making some changes in its format. The magazine has a hybrid model consisting of 10% paid circulation and 90% controlled circulation. The...
- Advisers selected for Economic City IPO. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;2/3/2006, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p25
This article reports on the selection of HSBC and Saudi British Bank as financial adviser on the initial public offering on the King Abdullah Economic City project in Saudi Arabia. The founding shareholders are led by Dubai-based Emaar Properties and include the local Aseer Co., Saudi Birdadin...
- Brands are people too - so says facebook. // Marketing Week;3/8/2012, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p50
The article offers information on the initial public offering (IPO) filed by Facebook Inc. which is listed in the New York Stock Exchange. It mentions that the users of Facebook increased to 39 percent in 2011. It mentions that the revenue of the company is 650 million pounds. It mentions that...