Blinds lead sector growth
- It's a Big Small World. Kennedy, Caroline // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Jul2011, Vol. 112 Issue 6, p24
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the 2011 Retailer Excellence Awards competition, the impact of modern technology on gifts and decorative accessories retailers industry, and trade shows.
- Today's Gift Retailer 2003. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Jun2003, Vol. 104 Issue 6, p36
Presents the results of the 2003 Retailer Comparison Survey conducted by the periodical 'Gifts and Decorative Accessories.' Merchandise mix; Inventory turns; Pricing practices.
- METHODOLOGY. // Home Accents Today;Dec2008, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p48
The article explains the methods used for conducting the "2008 Universal Study," which focuses on trends in the home accents industry. The editorial and research teams of the magazine "Home Accents Today" collaborated to assess industry retail sales and distribution segments for the study using...
- DOG DAYS. Hunter, Debra // Atlanta;Aug2005, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p38
The article provides information on Barkology, a retail store in Atlanta, Georgia, which design stylish gifts and accessories for dog-lovers. They design many products, from note cards to tees to floor mats, all of which honor, according to co-founder ZoÃ« Lancaster, "the essence of...
- Killer Beads, Inc. Mosscrop, Michelle // Souvenirs, Gifts, & Novelties;May2006, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p124
Features Killer Beads Inc., a provider of accessory products, displays and expert merchandising advice. Reputation of the company; Hottest trends in 2006; Display options being offered to retailers.
- DECORATIVE ACCESSORIES. // Home Accents Today;Dec2008, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p32
The article reports on the sales performance of the decorative accessories category in the home accents industry in 2008 based on the "2008 Universe Study." This sector continue to make up the biggest share of the industry, an estimated 31% for 2008, almost $22 billion. It is noted that home...
- PERMANENT BOTANICALS. // Home Accents Today;Dec2008, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p44
The article reports on the sales performance of the permanent botanicals category of the home accents industry based on the "2008 Universe Study." This category has total retail sales of $2.9 billion (bn), down an estimated 4.1% from $3bn in 2007. It has a 4% market share within the home accents...
- Keeping tabs on windows. Oliphant, Jane // Cabinet Maker;08/04/2000, Issue 5199, p15
Offers a look at the ready-made curtains market in Great Britain. Curtain prices; Challenges facing curtain retailers; Products offered by major players.
- ICA Home Decor rebrands, opens Atlanta showroom. York, Jenny Heinzen // Home Accents Today;Aug2008, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p42
The article reports on the rebranding of the Intercontinental Art as ICA Home Decor. The company has opened its first showroom in Americasmart. It was founded in 1976 as a framed graphics producer and is now expanding into more home categories and building itself into a lifestyle brand for...