Borrowing breach finally tipped the balance
- McKee clears the way to put Courts in profit. // Cabinet Maker;6/25/2004, Issue 5394, p3
Reports on the plan of Courts PLC in restoring the profitability of its business in Great Britain. Creation of a platform to restructure the supply chain; Recruitment of Bob Broadbridge as supply chain director; Investment of the company in staff training, particularly in product knowledge and...
- Countdown to judgement day. // Cabinet Maker;1/14/2005, Issue 5421, p10
The article presents the author's recounts of his last days at Courts. I worked at Courts for approximately six weeks before SB Capital became KPMG's agents and made most of the head office staff redundant. From more or less the moment I arrived there, it was evident that the company was in a...
- Boots pull out of dentistry. // British Dental Journal;10/9/2004, Vol. 197 Issue 7, p375
Reports on the decision of Boots Group PLC to pull out its dentistry business in Great Britain. History of the company's business; Plan of the company to continue to provide dental treatments to existing patients; Focus of the company for its business operations.
- Aegon to shut regional sales offices - 160 jobs at risk. Selby, Tom // Fundweb;6/6/2013, p10
The article reports on the plan of Aegon NV to shut down its six regional offices in Great Britain. It states that the closure of the offices is part of a major restructure which could result in 160 job losses. It notes that Aegon aims to increase the number of platform implementation roles from...
- The fatal flaw that hit Courts. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;12/3/2004, Issue 5417, p9
Comments on the business failure of Courts PLC in Great Britain. Inefficiency of the regularly revamped management, initiatives and store formats; Commercial debt to fund the consumer credit offer; Decline in the market share of the furniture business.
- Closings, change in product mix in store for troubled Dairy Mart. Mortland, Shannon // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/1/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 40, p6
Reports the plan of Dairy Mart Convenience Store Inc. for a company reorganization in Cleveland, Ohio. Closure of several store branches; Revamp made on product selections; Application of the store for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.
- Camerons relaunches as European 'Deloitte'. Binham, Caroline // Lawyer;7/30/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 30, p1
The article reports that CMS CAMERON McKenna has already closed its Hong Kong office, the last operation which is under the McKenna's own banner outside Europe and Central and Eastern Europe. The closure is allegedly just a part of its larger plan to recreate itself as a European network of law...
- The Flat-Fee Proposition. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;2/15/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p16
Focuses on the business plans and strategies of Leap Wireless International Inc. to recover from its debt load and bankruptcy filing. Flat monthly rate it offered to subscribers with unlimited local calling; Factors that contribute to the bankruptcy of the company; Services that it plan to...
- MAKING TOUGH CHOICES. Ghose, Dave // Gulfshore Business;Jan2015, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p40
The article focuses on the business strategy of Scott Fischer, owner of motorcycle dealership company Scott Fischer Enterprises. It states that Fischer closed four dealerships and laid off hundreds of employees in order to save his business in 2009. It adds that he rallied his employees with the...