Decision time for KPMG
- To strike off or not to strike off--that is the question. Mason, Karen; Smith, Nigel // Chartered Accountants Journal;Feb2000, Vol. 79 Issue 1, p63
Focuses on the options for companies that has disposed of its business in New Zealand. Use of the Companies Act as a means of distributing the capital profit tax-free to shareholders; Liquidation of assets; Striking off. INSET: Summary..
- Sell-the-company proposals proliferate in 1996. // Corporate Board;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 17 Issue 100, p26
Reports on the proliferation in the United States of sell-the-company proposals among shareholder groups. Distinction between proposals with a financial focus and those that address social concerns; Labor movement's interest in sell-the-company proposals.
- FORM: Shareholders' Consent to the Corporation's Sale of a Business. // Complete Guide to Selling a Business;2012, pF28
A form showing shareholders' consent to the sale of a corporation is presented which appears in the book "Complete Guide to Selling a Business." The required information includes name of the business being sold, name of shareholders, and date of the contract.
- Buy-sell agreements a must in business. Marquis, Albert G. // Las Vegas Business Press;4/28/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p5
Part V. Focuses on the problems associated with partners and/or shareholders operating a business without a buy-sell agreement. Purpose of a buy-sell agreement; Strategies that can be followed to prevent legal conflicts arising from the absence of a buy-sell agreement; Source of funding for...
- GO LONG. FAHY, BEN // NZ Marketing Magazine;Mar/Apr2014, p2
The author reflects on various issues related to marketing, advertising, and media. The author cites topics including customer services, investments in infrastructure, technology, and acquisitions, and shareholders. He also mentions information regarding product selling, Internet industry, and...
- Equal Treatment of Shareholders in Corporate Distributions and Reorganizations. Brudney, Victor // California Law Review;Jul83, Vol. 71 Issue 4, p1073
Examines the distribution and reorganization of asset shareholders during mergers and sale of businesses in the U.S. Discussion on the distribution of assets in transactions that involve internal rearrangements among existing participants; Information on the distribution of assets in...
- FORM: Shareholdersâ€™ Consent to the Corporationâ€™s Purchase of a Business. Steingold, Fred S. // Complete Guide to Buying a Business;Jul2015, p1
A form showing a shareholder's consent to the corporation's purchase of a business is presented which appears in the book "The Complete Guide to Buying a Business" by Fred Steingold. The required information includes name of business being purchased, name of state, and name of appropriate person.
- Braskem divests water treatment units to Odebrecht Environmental. SISSELL, KARA // Chemical Week;1/7/2013, Vol. 175 Issue 1, p13
The article reports that a majority stake in a waste treatment firm and a water treatment affiliate have been sold to the chemical company Odebrecht Environmental by the chemical company Braskem SA.
- AFTER HOURS. Diner, Duffy's // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/15/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 31, p59
Reports the business operations of Corner Wine Bar in Indianapolis Indiana. Services offered by the bar; Popularity of Corner Wine; Sale of the bar to Elizabeth Morse and Lin Zapata.