59-Year-Old Woman With Progressive Dyspnea on Exertion
- Monoarticular septic arthritis in a patient with juvenile rheumatoid arthritis under etanercept treatment. Lin, Kai-Cheng; Liang, Chi-Di; Yang, Kuender; Yu, Hong-Ren; Kuo, Ho-Chang // Rheumatology International;May2012, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p1383
A 7-year-old girl with polyarticular type juvenile rheumatoid arthritis (JRA) presented with acute onset of right hip pain with limited range of motion and fever within the past two days. She had received etanercept for more than one year. Percutaneous arthrocentesis was performed and showed a...
- Editorials: Sulphasalazine in rheumatoid arthritis: an old drug revived. Neumann, V. C.; Grindulis, K. A. // Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine;Mar1984, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p169
The article discusses the benefits of sulphasalazine in treating rheumatoid arthritis. Sulphasalazine is an old drug which is a compound of sulphapyridine and 5-aminosalicylic acid linked by an azo bond. The benefits of salicylates in rheumatoid arthritis have an excellent effect on the...
- Osteoarthritis. Bernstein, Ian // Pulse;Jun2014, p88
The article presents questions and answers related to osteoarthritis (OA) including one on diagnosis for OA, difference between rheumatoid arthritis and OA, and non-pharmacological measures to treat OA.
- Fibromyalgic rheumatoid arthritis and disease assessment. Pollard, Louise C.; Kingsley, Gabrielle H.; Choy, Ernest H.; Scott, David L. // Rheumatology;May2010, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p924
Objective. We evaluated fibromyalgic RA to determine its clinical impact, identification using core clinical assessments and influence identifying active disease using disease activity scores (DAS-28).
- Adalimumab for Rheumatoid Arthritis? Ebell, Mark; Kripke, Clarissa // American Family Physician;2/1/2006, Vol. 73 Issue 3, p435
Answers a question on the safety and effectiveness of adalimumab (Humira) for rheumatoid arthritis. Required dosage of adalimumab; Effectiveness of the combination of adalimumab with methotrexate; Indications for adalimumab.
- The patient-based outcome of upper-extremity surgeries using the DASH questionnaire and the effect of disease activity of the patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Ishikawa, Hajime; Murasawa, Akira; Nakazono, Kiyoshi; Abe, Asami; Otani, Hiroshi; Netsu, Tahahiro; Sakai, Takehito; Sato, Hiroe // Clinical Rheumatology;Aug2008, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p967
The Disabilities of the Arm, Shoulder and Hand (DASH) is a standardized patient-based outcome measure, which assesses integrated upper-extremity disorders. The objectives of this study were to investigate subjective outcome after upper-extremity surgeries for the patients with rheumatoid...
- White cells count in smokers affected by rheumatic diseases. Bartolone, Sebastiano; Calzavara, Emilse; Russo, Giuseppina; Carnì, Antonio; Mannucci, Carmen; Pieratti, Antonella; Caputi, Achille; Calapai, Gioacchino // Rheumatology International;Jan2012, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p109
Evidence shows that tobacco smoking interacts with development of rheumatic diseases. Increase in white cells count (leukocytosis) is frequently present, and in smokers, it is considered a biomarker of cardiovascular risk. Aim of the study is to evaluate this biomarker in smokers with rheumatic...
- Wie wirksam ist Rituximab bei der rheumatoiden Arthritis? Schmidt, W. A.; Schicke, B.; Krause, A.; Wernicke, D. // Zeitschrift fÃ¼r Rheumatologie;Jun2010, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p349
Does experience with rituximab treatment of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) in daily clinical practice confirm the results of controlled randomized studies? This is a retrospective data-analysis of the first 50 patients from one center with rituximab treatment for RA. The patients received at least...
- Need to Avoid Handshakes. Kellery, Kay // Arthritis Today;Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p12
The article seeks advice for dealing with the hand-shaking experienced by her daughter who was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. The shaking of the hands can be extremely painful and the patient does not want to appear rude or call attention to her condition.