Potential for Personal Digital Assistant Interference With Implantable Cardiac Devices
- Pacemaker explosions in crematoria: problems and possible solutions. Gale, Christopher P.; Mulley, Graham P. // Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine;Jul2002, Vol. 95 Issue 7, p353
The number of artificial cardiac pacemakers is increasing, as is the number of bodies being cremated. Because of the explosive potential of pacemakers when heated, a statutory question on the cremation form asks whether the deceased has a pacemaker and if so whether it has been removed. We sent...
- Subcutaneous ICD in anatomical challenging cases. Kuschyk, J.; Röger, S.; Fastner, C.; Behnes, M.; Akin, I. // European Review for Medical & Pharmacological Sciences;Sep2015, Vol. 19 Issue 17, p3140
A letter to the editor is presented from the authors of the article "A plea for the single-lead ICD with atrial sensing due to anatomical considerations," in response to a reader's letter in issue number 15: 2015.
- Subcutaneous ICD implantation should be considered when confronting anatomically complex cases. Dogan, M.; Uz, O.; Isilak, Z. // European Review for Medical & Pharmacological Sciences;Sep2015, Vol. 19 Issue 17, p3139
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "A plea for the single-lead ICD with atrial sensing due to anatomical considerations," by C. Fastner, M. Behnes, and I. Akin in issue number 19: 2015.
- Use of an Atrial Lead with Very Short Tip-To-Ring Spacing Avoids Oversensing of Far-Field R-Wave. Kolb, Christof; Nölker, Georg; Lennerz, Carsten; Jetter, Hansmartin; Semmler, Verena; Pürner, Klaus; Gutleben, Klaus-Jürgen; Reents, Tilko; Lang, Klaus; Lotze, Ulrich // PLoS ONE;Jun2012, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p1
Objective: The AVOID-FFS (Avoidance of Far-Field R-wave Sensing) study aimed to investigate whether an atrial lead with a very short tip-to-ring spacing without optimization of pacemaker settings shows equally low incidence of far-field R-wave sensing (FFS) when compared to a conventional atrial...
- Expanded clinical program for CircuLite. // Medical Device Daily;3/13/2008, Vol. 12 Issue 50, p8
The article reports on the expansion of the Synergy Pocket Circulatory Assist Device clinical program of CircuLife into a 20-patient trial designed to lead to CE-mark approval for long-term implantation in heart-failure patients. The device is a micro implantable blood pump that can be implanted...
- Curriculum und Sachkundekurse Herzschrittmacher- und ICD - Therapie. Krämer, L.-I.; Griebenow, R. // Herzschrittmachertherapie und Elektrophysiologie;Sep2010, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p174
The curricula 'Practice of Pacemaker Therapy' and 'Practice of ICD Therapy' have been developed from practical experience with the first educational courses which are necessary to fulfill the German requirements of the medical products law which restricts the application of medical products to...
- Left ventricular assist devices. Sample, Susan; Bauer, Jeff // RN;Nov2005, Vol. 68 Issue 11, p46
Focuses on the use of left ventricular assist devices (LVAD) as long-term therapy for heart failure patients with no other options. Details of how LVAD work; Benefits to patients; Importance of proper patient selection. INSET: Coming soon: Smaller, simpler LVADs.
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillators: therapy against Canada's leading killer. Tang, Anthony S. L. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;10/26/2004, Vol. 171 Issue 9, p1037
Discusses the use of implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICD) for the prevention of sudden cardiac deaths in Canada. Developments in the therapeutic device since 1980; Functions of pulse generators; Mechanism of ICDs; Patients who may benefit from ICD therapy.
- Guidewire Product Guide. // Cardiology Today;Nov2010, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p42
The article offers information on new interventional and diagnostic guidewires in cardiology including the Intuition Advanced Workhorse Guidewire, Trailrunner Coronary Guide, and the Archer Super Stiff Guidewire.