Effect of Long-term Hormone Replacement Therapy on Coronary Endothelial Function in Postmenopausal Women
- Venous thromboembolism and hormone therapy. Walling, Anne D. // American Family Physician;2/15/1997, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p957
Focuses on three studies conducted by E. Daly, H. Jick, F. Grodstein, J.P. Vandenbroucke, F.M. Helmerhorst, et al, published in 1996 editions of the `Lancet' periodical, which discussed the relationship between venous thromboembolism and hormone therapy. How the studies were conducted; How...
- Individualizing hormone therapy. // American Family Physician;2/15/1997, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p970
Focuses on a study that was published in the November, 1996, edition of `The Practitioner' periodical, which highlighted the absolute contraindications to hormone replacement therapy in menopausal women. Complications associated with hormone replacement therapy.
- Managing menopause: a critical feminist engagement: original article. Guillemin, Marilys // Scandinavian Journal of Public Health;12/31/99, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p273
Feminist critiques of menopause have been beneficial in opening up important public health debates around menopause. One of the most contentious public health issues concerns the use of Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) for the prevention of osteoporosis, heart disease and, more recently,...
- Finding natural ways to minimize the side effects of menopause. Hudnall, Marsha // Environmental Nutrition;Aug98, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p1
Focuses on hormone replacement therapy (HRT), which decreases estrogen levels and prevents menopause. Information on HRT; Comments made by Director of the New Mexico School of Herbal Medicine and Research, Tieraona Low Dog; Identification of several drugs which are considered to be replacements...
- Need Hot Flash Relief That's Not HRT? Natural Options to Try. // Environmental Nutrition;Sep2002, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p7
Provides tips on managing hot flashes for a woman who has stopped hormone replacement therapy including lifestyle modifications and herbs.
- Heartening news on menopause. Chen, Ingfei; Franklin, Deborah // Health (Time Inc. Health);Mar/Apr95, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p14
Reports on a medical study suggesting the benefits of a combined progesterone and estrogen replacement regimen for menopausal women. Need for women with a family history of heart disease to consult their doctors; Reduction in risk of heart disease.
- The selling of postmenopausal hormones hits a snag. // HealthFacts;Nov93, Vol. 18 Issue 174, p1
Reports on the benefit of estrogen therapy for menopause women. Prevention of osteoporosis; Preservation of bone density; Prevention of hip fracture; Link with increased cancer incidence; Drawback of reserving estrogen therapy after a hip fracture; Drug treatment; Nonhormonal practices for the...
- Gynecologists Wrong Again About Postmenopausal Hormones. Napoli, Maryann // HealthFacts;Jul2001, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p5
Discusses the findings of researchers David M. Torgerson and Sally E.M. Bell-Syer which questioned the benefits of hormone replacement therapy in the prevention of bone fractures and osteoporosis in postmenopausal women.
- Untitled. // Horse & Rider;Dec2003, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p28
Provides information on the wholesale closing and downsizing of many pregnant mare urine ranches in the U.S. due to health concerns over hormone-replacement therapy for women.