Chapter One: Hitler's Nazis
- Chapter Two: Concentration Camps and Mass Murder. Witherbee, Amy // Holocaust;2009, p2
Presents an overview of the Jewish Holocaust during World War II. Initial use of the concentration camps for the detention without trial of anyone who the Nazis declared to be an enemy of the state; Legal and social reforms designed to drive people of Jewish descent out of Germany; Details on...
- Chapter Three: Genocide. Witherbee, Amy // Holocaust;2009, p3
Presents an overview of the Jewish Holocaust during World War II. Unification of Germany and Austria; Arrests and detention of Jews in concentration camps; Understanding of international leaders that the Jewish populations of German controlled territories were in grave danger; How the League of...
- Recently Published Works in Holocaust and Genocide Studies. // Holocaust & Genocide Studies;Dec2013, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p513
No abstract available.
- The forgotten Holocaust of Soviet cinema. Lapkin, Alexandra // Jewish Advocate;7/19/2013, Vol. 204 Issue 29, p1
The article reports on University of Massachusetts, Amherst Associate Professor Olga Gershenson's research on the portrayal of the Holocaust in Soviet films. According to Gershenson, the first Soviet film that focused on Jewish persecution was made in 1934, followed by three more films in 1938....
- EICHMANN IN JERUSALEM-IV. Arendt, Hannah // New Yorker;3/9/1963, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p48
The article deals with the trial of Nazi Adolf Eichmann in Jerusalem, Israel for his role in the Jewish Holocaust. It describes the tasks of Eichmann in implementing the massacres of Jews as ordered by German leader Adolf Hitler. It discusses the defense issued by Eichmann to justify his actions...
- History Re-Edited. Marcus, Lotte // Judaism;Summer/Fall2004, Vol. 53 Issue 3/4, p241
Presents an article about a family's flight to Shanghai, China to escape the threats of Jewish persecution during World War II. Difficulties faced by Jewish during the regime of German Chancellor Adolf Hitler; Total number of Jewish refugees who fled with the family; Significant implication of...
- Breaking National Taboos: An Interview with WiadysÅ‚aw Pasikowski and Dariusz JabÅ‚onski. Quart, Leonard // Cineaste;Winter2013, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p22
The article presents an interview with WÅ‚adysÅ‚aw Pasikowski and Dariusz JabÅ‚onski, the director and producer, respectively, of the Polish film "Aftermath." Much of the discussion focuses on the national controversy ignited by the film, particularly in its depiction of atrocities...
- Then, as today and tomorrow... Luke, Tom // Quadrant Magazine;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 41 Issue 1/2, p28
Recounts the experiences of a Jew in Nazi death camps prior to his survival of the holocaust during World War II. Prohibitions prior to deportation; Deportation to Theresienstadt; Journey to Birkenau; Transfer to Matthausen.
- For the Holocaust bookshelf. Musleah, Rahel // Publishers Weekly;5/8/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 19, p37
Presents new books on the Holocaust during World War II. Growth of Holocaust publishing; Classics and their offspring; Memoirs; History; Experiences in the camps and ghettos; Resistance and rescue; Fiction, poetry and the arts; Aftermath.