Pataki OKs Javits Bill; N.Y. Agency Eyes First Quarter for $350 Million Sale
- Pataki Nixes Legislation. Morrow, Elizabeth // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/25/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 64, p7
Reports on the rejection of a legislation that prohibits state agencies to procure goods from vendors by Governor George Pataki in Albany, New York. Concept of the legislation; Reason of Pataki for rejecting the bill.
- Javits bill gripes are unfounded. // Crain's New York Business;6/14/2004, Vol. 20 Issue 24, p8
The decades long effort to expand the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center is one step away from success. Governor George Pataki allows the center to proceed with a $1.4 billion project that would increase the size of its convention space by at least a third, to 1.1 million square feet. One is that...
- GOVERNMENT ALERT. // Crain's New York Business;9/13/2004, Vol. 20 Issue 37, p35
This article focuses on several prominent good-government organizations, led by Citizens Union, that have written to governor George Pataki and Albany legislators, urging them to require that the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center expansion go through the city's land-use review process, known as...
- Gov. Pataki Nixes N.Y. Legislature's Relief Plan, Offers Own. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/14/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31635, p29
New York governor George E. Pataki has rejected the state Legislature's proposal for a 1.797 billion dollar fiscal 2004 assistance package for the New York City and unveiled his own 1.765 billion dollar plan. In addition to rejecting tax increases, Pataki's plan also rejects the Legislature's...
- Pataki Veto Is Defeated. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;5/20/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31639, p1
New York state legislators voted to override state governor George Pataki's rejection of New York City's 2.7 billion dollar bailout package, setting the stage for a controversial 2.5 billion dollar debt refinancing and sparing the city massive cuts and layoffs. The package helps the city close a...
- Title Bout. Lothrop Jr., James D. // Kitchen & Bath Business;Dec2005, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p28
This article reports on the decision of New York State Governor George Pataki on October 11, 2005 to veto a proposed interior design legislation that would restrict the use of the title interior design to those who have fulfilled the education, experience and examinations requirements currently...
- Will Pataki add insult to injury? // Crain's New York Business;06/23/97, Vol. 13 Issue 25, p8
Opinion. Discusses New York City governor George Pataki's decision to extend rent regulations as a success. Criticism of the decision; Disadvantages of the decision; Information on three bills which Pataki is expected to approve; Effects of the enactment of these bills.
- New York prepares to take a bite out of fraud. Ester, Stephanie D. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;5/20/96, Vol. 100 Issue 21, p20
Reports on a bill which was introduced in the State Legislature by New York Governor George E. Pataki. Description of the bill; Support of the bill by Attorney General Dennis C. Vacco and the state's insurance department; What is the bill's most significant provisions; Comments from John...
- Pataki signs bills that help business. // Crain's New York Business;8/14/95, Vol. 11 Issue 33, p4
Reports that New York State Governor George Pataki has signed a series of bills in August 1995 affecting businesses. Exemption of weather forecasting services from state sales tax; Improvements in customer relations at the state Department of Taxations and Finance.