Palm Beach Scripps Deal Postponed
- After $347M Deal, Texas Plans $300M More for Cancer. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;7/19/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33551, p6
The article reports on the 300 million dollars of taxable debt prepared by Texas for its Cancer Prevention Research Institute in Dallas, after pricing 347 million dollars of general obligation bonds for expansion of state facilities.
- Louisiana Parish Selling Anti-Hurricane Bonds. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;12/3/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32765, p1
The article reports that Saint Charles Parish, located 25 miles west of New Orleans, Louisiana, is selling $27.4 million public improvement bonds to protect homes and businesses located on the west bank of the Mississippi River, which runs through the parish, from hurricanes. The bond proceeds...
- THE LAB ON THE LAKEFRONT. Kolb, Carolyn // New Orleans Magazine;Sep2007, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p156
The article describes the rebuilding and re-equipment of the 67-year-old Southern Regional Research Center of the U.S. Department of Agriculture in New Orleans, Louisiana. The building's windows have been shattered by Hurricane Katrina and the scientists were forced to relocated to 22...
- N.C. bonds would aid Floyd effort. Reisman, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/15/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30748, p1
Reports on North Carolina Governor Jim Hunt's stance on a bond proposal to help the state recover from damages caused by Hurricane Floyd. Special legislation session being considered to tackle the proposal; Concerns of public officials on the use of a bond issue for disaster assistance; Terms...
- N.C. Republicans: Floyd funds should come from bonds. Reisman, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/28/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30757, p32
Reports on the plan of North Carolina Governor Jim Hunt to call a special session to help the state recover from Hurricane Floyd. Need for a one billion dollar bond issue; Individual benefits that will be given.
- Kansas Regents Seeking Bonds for Bioterrorism, Other Research Centers. Victory, Darren // Bond Buyer;1/22/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31308, p4
Reports on the request of Kansas Board of Regents to Kansas' lawmakers to authorize $115 million of lease-revenue bonds to construct three research centers. Utilization of the bonds' proceeds; Criticism of the plan; Difficulty in authorizing the bond issue.
- Palm Beach County, Fla., Approves $200M to Attract Research Institute. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/16/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31741, p30
Reports on the approval of the issuance of bonds to support the Scripps Research Institute by the Palm Beach County Commission in Florida. Amount of the bonds; Bond counsel; Credit rating of the Palm Beach County.
- Maine Genetics Lab Goes Bicoastal With Two Issues Worth $66 Million. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/22/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31389, p6
Reports the sale of bond issues by the Jackson Laboratory in Maine. Sale for expansion activity and the refund of outstanding debts; Views of chief operating officer Lee Wilbur on the importance of research; Amount of the bond sale.
- New Orleans Mayor's Plan Would Buy Homes With Debt. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;3/22/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32344, p3
The article reports on the plan of New Orleans, Louisiana Mayor Ray Nagin for rebuilding the hurricane-damaged city. The plan includes the creation of the Crescent City Recovery Authority which could issue bonds to facilitate buying out damaged properties. The plan incorporates many of the ideas...