South Carolina Authority Selling $428M for Medical University
- Loan Funds Take in $1.3B. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;3/4/2013, p39
The article reports that investors continued to favor leveraged loan funds over high yield bonds, with the former taking in 1.3 billion U.S. dollars for the week ended February 27, 2013.
- Investors Add to Loan, Bond Funds. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;4/9/2012, p5
The article reports on the move by investors to purchase more leveraged loan funds, but less high yield bond funds.
- Secured Loans Expected to Deliver the Best Risk Adjusted Returns in Years. // Secured Lender;Sep2010, Vol. 66 Issue 6, p13
The article reports that secured loans are expected to deliver more favorable returns compared to previous years as new issue spreads widen and leverage falls, according to a study by Alcentra of BNY Mellon Asset Management. Secured loans have reportedly become increasingly attractive to...
- Are Secured Bonds the New Loan Market? // Bank Loan Report;9/7/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 34, p1
The article reports on the increase in investments by loan investors in secured bonds in the U.S. It states that most of the investors are crossing over and began investing in secured bonds due to shifting of issuers toward high yield bonds. It adds that the scheme was also driven by the cheaper...
- How Do Official Bailouts Affect the Risk of Investing in Emerging Markets? Dell'Ariccia, Giovanni; Schnabel, Isabel; Zettelmeyer, Jeromin // Journal of Money, Credit & Banking (Ohio State University Press);Oct2006, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p1689
We analyze the effects of bailout expectations on sovereign bond spreads in emerging markets. The non-bailout of Russia in August 1998 is interpreted as an event that decreased the perceived probability of future crisis lending to emerging markets. If official rescues are expected to mitigate...
- We Call 2006 'Megadealicious,' But Will 2007 Be So Tasty? // High Yield Report;12/18/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 48, p1
No abstract available.
- The anti-diversity trend. Gregory, Michael // Asset Securitization Report;6/28/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 26, p1
Reports on the issues related to the preference of market players on the CDO of home equity bonds in the U.S. Comparison of prices between CDO and home equity loans; Volatility of home equity CDO; Advantages of home equity focused CDO.
- Euro Cable Sees Renaissance In Leveraged Finance Market. Iyer, Savita // Bank Loan Report;12/12/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 47, p1
The article reports on the use of the bond and syndicated loan markets by the European cable industry. The investors gained interest in cable stocks because they believed that the industry has stabilized. A process of rationalization in the cable sector has been implemented.
- Loan-Bond Yield Differential Widening. Sibayan, Karen // High Yield Report;3/4/2013, p35
The article examines the current widening of the yield differential between leveraged loans and high yield bonds, as of March 2013. Investors have increasingly been favoring leveraged loan funds over high-yield bonds. The average yield-to-maturity differential between high yield bonds and...