- Munis Weaker, With Little Reaction to Data. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/29/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32477, p2
The article provides updates on the performance of the bond market in the U.S. as of September 2006. It has been said that the municipal bonds were one or two basis points weaker on September 28, resulting from a sense of exhaustion among market participants fed up with paltry yields. The yield...
- Indexes Mixed as Later Losses Wipe Out Earlier Rallies. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;9/29/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32477, p44
The article provides updates on the activities of the bond market in the U.S. for the week ended September 29, 2006. According to reports, the tax exempt market was slightly firmer, following the Treasury market, which saw a decrease in yields for the third straight session. The Bond Buyer...
- Munis Firmer; Investors' Response to Data Muted. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matfhew // Bond Buyer;9/1/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32458, p2
The article presents a perspective concerning the bond market in the U.S. for June to August 2006. The treasury market showed some little gains on August 31 and the yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury note finished at 4.73%. The economic data released showed that personal income increased...
- Munis Unchanged to Slightly Firmer. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;8/22/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32697, p2
The article discusses the performance of the municipal market of the U.S. last August 21, 2007. According to the authors, the municipal market has reflected Treasury market gain considering its being unchanged to slightly firmer during the date. The Treasury market gain was also positive...
- Primary market snapshot: Thursday, April 2. // Bond Buyer;04/03/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30365, p2
Provides bond market statistics and economic indicators of the United States as of April 2, 1998. Jobless claims; Factory orders as of February; Government securities prices; Municipal bond index; June municipal futures; MOB spread; Bond Buyer's 30-day visible supply; Standard & Poor's blue list.
- Primary market snapshot: Tuesday, April 7. // Bond Buyer;04/08/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30368, p2
Provides bond market statistics and economic indicators of the United States as of April 7, 1998. February consumer credit; Government securities prices; Municipal Bond Index; June municipal futures; MOB spread; Bond Buyer's 30-day visible supply; Standard & Poor's Blue List.
- Corporate Defaults. Latson, Joshua // Yale Economic Review;Fall2010, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p8
The article examines the defaults of non-financial bonds over the past 142 years in the U.S. It cites the working paper of Kay Giesecke, Francis A. Longstaff, Steven Schaefer, and Ilya Strebulaev, which aims to provide a historical context for the large record of bond data collected. They found...
- Inflation under control. Nordahl, Peter // Christian Science Monitor;1/11/95, Vol. 87 Issue 32, p20
Reports on various economic indicators in the United States. Rise in wholesale prices; Drop in energy prices; Rise in the Producer Price Index; Inflation under control.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;7/1/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31917, p45
Presents charts depicting statistics related to bond market in the U.S. as of July 1, 2004.