Late Night Browsing
- FASB releases statement on not-for-profit organizations'... // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Feb96, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p6
Reports that under a statement released by the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), non profit health-care organizations must report certain investments at fair value. Effective date; Where statement is available from; Cost of statement.
- (GRANTS) Eye Institute Allocates $10,000 Each for Community Programs. // Aging News Alert;7/16/2010, p3
The article invites application for funding of the community programs regarding stimulation of collaborative initiatives by the applicants to address medical care issues.
- (GRANTS) IL Foundation Accepting Letters through Sept. 16. // Aging News Alert;7/16/2010, p7
The article provides information on the VNA foundation inviting nonprofit healthcare services for funding of the Illinois counties.
- Well, at least you've got your health. Chun-Tuck, Michelle // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;6/18/2001, Issue 322787, p7
Focuses on the role of nonprofit organizations in health care funding in California. Examples of local nonprofit organizations that provide funding to local health care institutions; Need for nonprofits to assess its own programmatic scope to determine if what it sets out contributes to the...
- The new lingo of added value. Appleby, Chuck // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;2/5/97, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p50
Focuses on the application of economic value added (EVA) to traditional not-for-profit health care organizations in the United States. Popularity among pharmaceuticals; Advantages in strategic planning and employee incentive plans; Elements working against the use of EVA. INSET: EVA's allure:...
- Washington's Life Sciences Discovery Fund awards commercialization grants. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;4/14/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article provides information on the 450,000 U.S. dollars awards to the three Washington nonprofit organizations to foster commercial translation of new health and health-care products by Washington's Life Sciences Discovery Fund.
- Maryland County Earmarks $30M to Bail Out Health System. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;10/31/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31752, p3
Reports that Prince George's County, Maryland, officials have decided to spend 30 million dollars over five years beginning in 2004 to help bail out the nearly bankrupt nonprofit Dimensions Health Care System. Plan by the county to sell some surplus property to finance the first year of the...
- (SUBSTANCE ABUSE) Awards Up to $100K to Help OH Nonprofits. // Community Health Funding Week;11/20/2009, p18
The article provides information regarding the private grants to help nonprofit organizations in Ohio. It states that the applicants must provide services in at least one of the 20 counties of the Health Foundation of Greater Cincinnati.
- Bond volume drops in 1999. Jaklevic, Mary Chris // Crain's Cleveland Business;02/07/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p20
Reports on the decline in bond activity for not-for-profit health care providers in 1999. Factors that contributed to the curtailment of the bond activity; Volume of new bond issues in 1998 and 1999; Number of bond issues in the fourth quarter of 1999.