- Wash. Firm In Tax Court Over Bonds. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;7/5/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32166, p1
Reports on the widening campaign involving conduit borrowers by the Internal Revenue Service in the U.S. Basis for the IRS order that inhibits Weyerhaeuser Co. to write off interest paid to bondholders; Contention of the Federal Way, a Washington-based forest products firm to the agency's...
- A NOTE FROM THE EDITORS-IN-CHIEF. PRICE, MARK H.; ZELNIK, JONATHAN // Journal of Taxation of Financial Products;2015, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics related to taxation including the analysis on the decision of the Tax Court on the Pilgrim's Pride case, risk management in multinational enterprises, and centralized hedging.
- The Articled Clerk in the Tax Department--X. Berry, N.E.W. // Accountancy;Oct70, Vol. 81 Issue 926, p734
Presents a fictional story about back taxes in Great Britain. Bookmakers' living; Inquiries from the Board of Inland Revenue.
- CORPORATION TAX BILL. // Accountancy;Apr2009, Vol. 143 Issue 1388, p75
The article reports that as of April 1, 2009, the Corporation Tax Bill is expected to come into effect in Great Britain. The accounting periods to which it applies are described. Other topics include companies that have events occur before April 1, 2009 and tax consequences that change as a...
- Lessons from the Tax Court: Build up mortgage interest deductions. // Small Business Tax Strategies;Jan2012, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p7
The article discusses the ruling of the Tax Court regarding the build up mortgage interest deductions in a beachfront property in Florida.
- Hams County, Tex., to Sell $295M to Bridge Tax Gap. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/31/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32392, p3
The article reports on the decision of Harris County, Texas to sell $295 million bonds on June 6, 2006 to bridge the tax gap. This is a deal that will provide interim funding for the county operations until property tax revenue starts rolling. The county has traditionally sold tax anticipation...
- Cash-Strapped States Seeking the Right Formula for Tough Times. Carvlin, Elizabeth; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/6/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31651, p4
Midwestern states are facing potential credit downgrades and the pressure on states brought about by the continuing fiscal challenges of a struggling economy in many cases has worsened as budget officials crafted spending plans covering fiscal periods beginning in 2003. Illinois closed a roughly...
- Illinois' $54.4 Billion Budget Leaves Out IFA'S $5B Request. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/2/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32145, p4
This article focuses on the budget of Illinois. The budget approved by Illinois lawmakers for the next fiscal year totaled 54.4 billion dollar, reauthorized 1.1 billion dollar of general obligation and sales-tax backed borrowing, and restored a tuition perk for holders of the slate's college...
- Withdrawal symptoms. Wickenden, Tony // Money Marketing;10/13/2011, p69
The article discusses the author's views on a tribunal tax case regarding the taking out of funds from an investment bond. He elaborates the tribunal's decision based on the assessment of the appellant, the structure of legislation, and the different tax result from policies. The author supports...