- When Your Client Wants a Startup. McKinley, Kevin // REP.;Aug2014, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p26
The article offers tips on how financial advisors could help their clients plan to start or buy their own business. It suggests refinancing the mortgage loans, making withdrawals from the 401(k) pension plan accounts, and addressing the issue on the source and cost of health insurance coverage....
- 5 Planning Rules for Self-Employed Clients. White, Martha C. // Financial-planning.com;10/1/2014, p10
The article discusses five financial planning rules for self-employed people in the U.S. Topics covered include the role of financial advisors in helping self-employed clients determine health insurance options, the possible rollover of 401(k) from previous employers, the tax-advantaged...
- Company match has break point. Philip, Christine // Pensions & Investments;5/16/1994, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p10
Reports on the findings of a survey of 109 401(K) plans by William M. Mercer Incorporated. Average participation rate among non-highly compensated employees when the employer made a 50% match on employee contributions; Average participation rate for plans with a 100% employer match.
- By the Numbers: 401(k) Assets at Record Levels'. // Best's Review;Jun2011, Vol. 112 Issue 2, p16
Statistics are presented on the record levels of 401(k) assets at the end of 2010 including the 3.075 trillion dollars assets, the 13% increase in assets, and the 536,000 number of plans in 2010.
- STAT BANK. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jun2005, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p20
This section presents statistics of various interest in the U.S. financial planning industry. A Pennsylvania man won $16.2 million in a lottery in 1988, who now lives entirely on Social Security. There are 37 percent single woman who are more likely to be donors than single men. 60 percent of...
- How Best to Generate Lifetime Income: Retirement Scan. // Financial-planning.com;10/10/2014, p6
This section offers news briefs related to the financial services industry in the U.S. Topics covered include the two options for generating a lifetime retirement income, statement of the Obama administration on the monthly Medicare premiums that will not be changed in 2015 and inadequacy of the...
- BY THE NUMB3RS: Confusion dominates many retirement decisions. // Employee Benefit News;Sep2012, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p58
Statistics are presented on the findings from the State Street Global Advisors Defined Contribution Investor Survey of 1,000 participants in 401(k) regarding employer-sponsored savings plans and the importance of saving for retirement.
- pfp news. // Accounting Today;Oct2011, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p22
This section offers news briefs on financial planning in the U.S. as of October 2011 including the increase in use of grants and scholarships to cover college costs in 2010-2011 and the surge in account balance of 401(k) plan participants who increased their equity allocations.
- More of What You Need to Know. Manganaro, John // Plan Sponsor;Dec2013, p17
The article presents a sample supplemental month-by-month communications calendar based on input from plan communications expert for 401(k) plans.