Raise the Skyway
- Slow going: New toll road may ease Laguna jam, or it may not. Fine, Howard // Orange County Business Journal;7/15/96, Vol. 19 Issue 29, p1
Reports on the failure of the San Joaquin Hills toll road to ease traffic congestion in South Orange County, California. Factors causing the traffic jam; Department of Transportation's F rating to Laguna Canyon Road and part of El Toro Road; Estimated number of cars to be funneled onto Laguna...
- High-tech toll roads key to easing congestion, reining in gas taxes. Peters, Mary E. // Hill;4/9/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 38, p29
The article reports on proposals for the development of high-technology toll roads to resolve problems related to traffic congestion and gasoline consumption and taxes in the U.S.
- San Francisco Officials Consider Plans for the City's Own Big Dig. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;04/20/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30875, p32
Reports on the San Francisco County Transportation Authority's plan to build underground toll roads to relieve traffic congestion on streets. Key features and specifications of the proposed project; Leaving surface streets for local traffic, buses and pedestrians.
- Transportation. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/12/2015, Vol. 275 Issue 9, p6
The article reports that the Colorado Department of Transportation plans to open the priciest U.S. toll road in December 2015, and states that the toll lane built by Colorado Department of Transportation would help in relieving congestion and would be available for use only 72 days in a year.
- Time-Specific Tolls. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/21/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32343, p27
The article reports on the approval of a rate schedule for a toll facility that rises prices during rush hours and drops them when there are no traffic jams by the Colorado Tolling Enterprise board. The facility consists of two reversible lanes that are opened in a systematic way during the...
- Southern California Authority Weighs Options for Expansion of Toll Road. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;2/19/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31327, p49
Reports on the consideration of options by Southern California-based Transportation Corridors Agency for expansion of toll roads. Toll roads operated by the agency; Estimated cost for extending the Foothill road; Alternatives studied for easing congestion in the area by the agency; Rating given...
- Road user pricing could ease traffic congestion. Strempel, Dan // Fairfield County Business Journal;12/1/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 48, p2
Reports on a study conducted by Deloitte & Touche LLP, which shows that imposing tolls on motorists could resolve traffic congestion problems in Fairfield County, Connecticut. User fees' reduction of congestion and travel times in Europe, Asia and the western U.S.; Costs related to congestion;...
- Traffic congestion: causes and cures. Khasru, B.Z. // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/4/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 44, p38
Focuses on the problem on traffic congestion in Fairfield County, Connecticut. Suggestion to impose toll fees; Idea of forcing commuters to take mass transit; Suggestion to build a light rail system.
- The open road. // Roads & Bridges;Oct2006, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p67
The article focuses on the Open Road Tolling (ORT) project that was initiated by the Illinois Tollway Authority to reduce traffic congestion in the Chicago area. It is claimed that using ORT in controlling congestion offers much benefits. To accommodate new ORT lanes, the Tollway Authority is...