Hopes and Fears of a Social Security Makeover
- Financial considerations for 2013. Losey, Bill // Ebn.benefitsnews.com;12/1/2012, p1
The article presents the financial development in the U.S. for 2013 including access to better Medicare Advantage plan, non-reimbursement of medical expenses, and reduction in the Social Security taxes for employees.
- Social & Secure, Just Misunderstood. CONRAD, LEE // Bank Investment Consultant;Mar2014, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p3
The article discusses role of social security in financial planning in the U.S. Topics discussed include increase in the retirement age of financial advisors, increase in social security taxes, and projections for gross domestic product (GDP). Also mentions that very less people attend...
- Social security wage base rises in 1997. // National Public Accountant;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p59
Reports on the increases in the Social Security tax in 1997. Imposition of taxes on employers, employees and self-employed workers by the Federal Insurance Contributions Act; FICA tax rate for employees and employers.
- An update on the Nanny Tax. Zimmermann, Raymond A.; Franz, Diana R. // Ohio CPA Journal;Apr95, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p19
Addresses some of the key points of the 1994 Social Security Domestic Employment Reform Act. Benefits to employers and employees; Increase of the dollar amount of wages that must be paid to an employee before the employer is required to pay Social Security taxes; Change of the reporting...
- Employer FICA regs withdrawn. // Practical Accountant;Feb97, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p25
Reports on the United States Internal Revenue Service's withdrawal of TD 8503 and EE-71-93 regulations which focused on helping employers determine their credit for paying Social Security taxes on restaurants tips, effective January 1, 1994.
- Social Security Programs. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p763
No abstract available.
- Social Security Programs. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2003, p739
Presents an overview of the social security program. Minimum and maximum monthly retired worker benefits; Amount of work required; What age workers receive benefits; Benefits for Worker's spouse; Benefits for children of worker's; What disabled workers receive; Survivor benefits; Self-Employed...
- Journal abstracts. // Social Security Bulletin;Fall92, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p82
Presents an abstract of the study `Social Security Rules and Marginal Tax Rates,' by Martin Feldstein and Andrew Samwick, published in the March 1992 issue of `National Tax Journal.'
- Proposals to modify the taxation of Social Security benefits: Options and distributional effects. Pattison, David; Harrington, David E. // Social Security Bulletin;Summer93, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p3
Presents simulation estimates of the income-distributional effects in 1994 of several proposals to modify the taxation of Social Security benefits under the federal personal income tax. Under provisions in effect since 1984, up to 50 percent of benefits are included in taxable income for some...