Austin Suburb Seeks $31 Million In Bonds for Multi-Use Complex
- Municipal Bond Elections. // Bond Buyer;8/24/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33571, p20
A table is presented that lists bond elections involving 500,000 dollars or more, along with the dates when voters are scheduled to cast their ballots in the U.S.
- Skimpy Bond-Vote turnout. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/28/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32348, p31
The article reports on the number of voters participated in the 878.5 million bond election in Phoenix, Arizona. There were more than 83,000 voters cast ballots according to official election results. Voters gave overwhelming support to the seven bond propositions. The overall voter turnout has...
- Seaman USD Sets Mail Vote. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/7/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32333, p29
The article reports on the approval of the Seaman United School District 345 trustees of a mail-in ballot for a 14.3 million dollars bond proposal in Kansas. Ballots will be mailed to voters in early May and are due back May 18, 2006. It was believed that the mail ballot election will cost as...
- The Voting Rights Act's Other Legacy: Pre-Clearing Bond Votes. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/5/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31941, p1
Discusses the arguments on the application of the Voting Rights Act of 9165 for state and bond elections in the U.S. Claim of bond attorneys that the law is outdated; Reason for the approval of the law by the Congress; Requirement for state and local governments in certain part of the nation to...
- Economy, Jobs Take Center Stage in Region's Upcoming Ballots. Carvlin, Elizabeth; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/2/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32251, p32
Reports on the hold of several bond elections in the Middle West. Detection of fewer local bond issuers who bring ballot measures in a non-presidential election; Consideration of a bond proposal that combines a popular local capital funds program with a jobs program in Ohio; Inclusion in the...
- Get out and vote for the open space bonds. Cantor, Martin // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/22/2004, Vol. 51 Issue 45, p10A
Encourages voters in Long Island, New York to participate in the November 2004 elections and vote in support of four open-space preservation bond propositions. Need to continue funding land acquisitions in Suffolk and Nassau Counties; Concerns about the proper use of the bonds.
- Flaws, but no tampering in 2006 election. Lamb, Jim // Inside Tucson Business;9/24/2007, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p1
The article focuses on the possible security flaws in the results of the May 2006 election in Pima County, Arizona. The election approved a $2 billion of the bond proposed by the county to finance a 20-year regional transportation plan. Democrats questioned the election by saying that there were...
- Municipal Bond Elections. // Bond Buyer;9/21/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32222, p26
Presents a list of scheduled bond elections in various cities and counties in the U.S.
- SUBURBAN VOTING TRENDS: 1948 TO 1956. Lazerwitz, Bernard // Social Forces;Oct60, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p29
Survey Research Center data on the 1952 and 1956 elections have been divided into three residential belt classifications: (1) central city, (2) suburban, and (3) adjacent to suburban. The residential belts have been grouped both nationally and into large and small population subgroups. Analysis...