S&P Upgrades Pittsburgh to BBB-Minus From BB Thanks to Reform Efforts
- North Schuylkill School District, Pa., Upgraded to A-Plus by S&P. // Bond Buyer;9/10/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34175, p17
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Ratings Services increased the general obligation debt rating of North Schuylkill School District, Pennsylvania to A-plus from A for its financial reserve growth in spite of a insufficient taxing flexibility.
- S&P Upgrades New Jersey, Citing Fiscal 2006 Budget. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;7/20/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32178, p1
Reports on Standard & Poor's upgrading of New Jersey's general obligation rating to AA from AA-minus and its related annual appropriation backed debt to AA-minus from Aplus, affecting more than $3.2 billion of general obligations and about $17 billion of appropriation- backed debt. Agency's...
- Wichita Falls, Texas, Downgraded to A by S&P. // Bond Buyer;7/1/2015, Issue 34335, p1
Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said it lowered its underlying rating on Wichita Falls, Texas' water and sanitary sewer system priority-lien revenue debt two notches to A from AA-minus.
- Kansas ICR Downgraded to AA by S&P. // Bondbuyer.com;8/6/2014, p8
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Ratings Services lowered its issuer credit rating (ICR) on Kansas from AA-plus to AA. Topics covered include the state's downgraded annual appropriation-secured debt, the state's structurally unbalanced budget after state income tax cuts, and the...
- GOVERNMENT: Standard & Poors reaffirms city, Mailon County debt ratings. // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/26/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 43, p13
The article reports on the Indianapolis City and Marion County's strong debt ratings in Indiana. Mayor Bart Peterson, however, suggested that his Indianapolis Works consolidation plans will assist the ratings. Standard & Poors Corp. reaffirms the city's credit rating based on Peterson's budget...
- Doha receives upgrade to sovereign rating. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;3/16/2007, Vol. 51 Issue 11, p31
The article reports on the upgrade to the sovereign rating of Qatar in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) from Standard & Poor's (S&P). S&P said the upgrade on Qatar's long-term foreign and local currency sovereign ratings was the result of accelerated reforms and a strong financial performance....
- Wall Street affirms state's debt rating. Daks, Martin C. // njbiz;6/1/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 22, p2
The article focuses on the significance of the affirmation of the soundness of New Jersey debt by Wall Street rating agencies in 2009, according to State Treasurer David Rousseau. Despite the report, the agencies still have worries about the debt and pension liabilities of the state. One of the...
- S&P Raises N.Y.C. GOs To A-Plus. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/18/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32135, p1
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. has upgraded New York City's general obligation bonds yesterday to A-plus from A ahead of institutional pricing today of 968 million dollar of city taxable and tax-exempt GO debt. The upgrade affects more than 32 billion dollar of outstanding GO...
- Harris County Water Control 84, Texas, Upgraded to BBB-Plus by S&P. // Bond Buyer;7/1/2015, Issue 34335, p1
Standard & Poor's Ratings Services raised its long-term rating to BBB-plus from BBB on Harris County Water Control & Improvement District (WCID) No. 84, Texas' general obligation debt.