ABN AMRO: Chicago Fire Won't Disrupt Business
- ABN AMRO Can Handle N.Y. Deals Again. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;3/7/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32333, p26
The article reports that ABN AMRO Financial Services Inc. has been cleared of violations on federal sanctions against Iran and Libya, prompting 80 million dollars in fines. Alan Hevesti, New York comptroller, has cleared the company to participate in state bond sales after a three-week review of...
- Municipals Relinquish Week's Gains; Select Yields Raised on New Issues. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;6/28/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31418, p2
Reports developments on the bond market in the U.S. as of June 2002. Accounting fraud issue involving WorldCom Inc.; Designation of price to the airport facilities bonds of Greater Orlando Aviation Authority by Salomon Smith Barney Inc.; Purchase of Nevada general obligation bonds by ABN AMRO...
- OUTSOURCING HEADACHES. O'leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/29/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 46, p28
This article reports that many market observers believe that ABN Amro deserves credit for being a pioneer in offering financial services outsourcing to corporate clients. Its Dublin-based International Financial Services Co. has been offering some form of treasury outsourcing services, including...
- Bank of Montreal Hires a LaSalle Team. // American Banker;2/25/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 37, p17
The article reports that the Bank of Montreal (BMO) Capital Markets has hired a group of five municipal bond sales and trading professionals from LaSalle Financial Services. BMO Capital Markets is the investment and corporate banking arm of the Bank of Montreal, and is based in Chicago,...
- ABN AMRO Taps Muller as Public Finance Chief. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/10/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32336, p1
The article reports on the appointment of Paul Muller as head of underwriting at the Chicago, Illinois-based ABN AMRO Financial Services Inc. The appointment came after Courtney Shea's resignation as head of the department. Muller will spend time both in Chicago and New York where he manages the...
- Muni Yields Fall 2 Basis Points; San Diego Schools Price for Retail. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;8/05/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31692, p2
Reports on the decline in yields from municipal bonds in the U.S. on August 4, 2003. Revenue earned by underwriters through retail orders; Factors that led to the decline in yields from municipal bonds; Pricing of serial bonds.
- Munis Mostly Unchanged as Holiday Week Starts. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/7/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33093, p2
The article reports on the market performance of municipal bonds in the U.S. for April 7, 2009. It states that the municipal market was largely unchanged in light activity. According to traders, yields in the secondary market were flat. It adds that a slate of new offerings, anchored by a pair...
- News. // Bond Buyer;07/01/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30426, p54
Presents charts showing the major financial firms involved with municipal bonds in the United States, for the first six months of 1998. Includes top senior managers, top small-issue comanagers and top bond counsel.
- Salomon Smith Barney leads underwriters in first half. Kreps, Matthew // Bond Buyer;07/01/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30426, p64
Focuses on the major financial firms involved with municipal bonds in the United States, for the first six months of 1998. Includes senior manager Salomon Smith Barney Inc., issuer Long Island Power Authority and financial adviser Public Financial Management Inc.