Milwaukee County Seeks Panel To Assess Underwriter Proposals
- Bear Stearns Paid Huge Fee to Consultant on Illinois' $10B Deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/12/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31760, p1
Reports that Bear Stearns & Co. paid Springfield Consulting Group LLC 809,000 dollars for the firm's role in helping the underwriter win the top spot on Illinois' ten billion dollar taxable general obligation pension bond deal. Structure of the bonds.
- Bear Stearns Will Run the Books on S.C. Tobacco Deal. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;11/22/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31023, p3
Reports that South Carolina has chosen Bear Stearns & Co. to run the books on its 800 million dollar tobacco bond sale. Structure of the bonds; Use of the proceeds from the bond sale.
- Bear Stearns Is Wisconsin Book-Runner. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/26/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31271, p1
Reports on the selection of the firm Bear, Stearns & Co. out of 25 other firms to structure and market out tobacco bonds early next year as of November 26, 2001. Basis of selection of the firm; Announcement of firms rounding out the underwriting syndicate; Possible inclusions in the transaction.
- Omaha Selects Bear Stearns To Run Its Biggest-Ever Deal. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;09/22/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30981, p1
Reports on the appointment of Bear Stearns & Co. as co-senior manager of Omaha, Nebraska's convention center bond issue. Structure of the bonds; Rating of the bonds.
- Pension bonds will highlight Philadelphia's debt re-entry. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;11/18/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30523, p1
Announces the re-entry of Philadelphia into the long-term debt market. Volume and value of taxable pension-obligation bonds that it plans to sell; Sale of new-money GO to be managed by lead underwriter Bear Stearns & Co.; Expectations by industry analysts on how bonds will be received by the...
- Illinois, California Deals Top List as Rollover Season Starts. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;6/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31647, p6
This article focuses on the bonds deals to be issued by various agencies in June 2003 in the U.S. The state of Illinois will be in the spotlight with the largest deal of the week starting June 2, 2003 when it sells a $4 billion general obligation offering through Bear, Stearns & Co. on June 4-5,...
- WISCONSIN: Walker Signs His Budget. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/10/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33942, p7
The article informs that Scott Walker, Governor of Wisconsin, has signed into law two-year spending plan of 68 billion dollars which authorizes the local government to spend in new general obligation bonds and revenue backed borrowing and in repayment of general obligation bonds.
- Scandal Prompts Chicago to Drop Bear Stearns From $500M GO Sale. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31922, p1
Reports that the city of Chicago, Illinois, has removed Bear, Stearns and Co. from the underwriting team that was previously selected to sell up to $500 million new-money and refunding general obligation deal planned for August 2004. Effects of a scandal and a shakedown scheme allegedly...
- Florida School District Gets Court's Blessing for Bear Stearns Swaption. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;10/05/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30492, p28
Reports that Leon County School District in Florida received court validation to sell Bear, Stearns & Co. a swaption on general obligation bonds to generate savings through a synthetic refunding. Insights into what legal questions must be answered regarding GO-backed interest rate swaps;...