Logic With A Hole In It
- The digital duel: DVD-Audio... // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;07/12/99, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p41
Reports that one of the two proposed digital video disc (DVD)-based music-disc formats, DVD-Audio, is supported by the DVD Forum. Storage capacity of the disc; Difference of DVD-Audio from music-video discs based on the DVD-Video format; Support expressed by major music companies to the...
- Vs. Super Audio CD (SACD). // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;07/12/99, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p41
Discusses the features of Super Audio CD, one of the two proposed digital video disc-formats. Single-sided two-layer discs that allow for six-channel and two-channel audio using Direct Stream Digital Coding; Use of a technology that allows for optional Redbook compact disc (CD) tracks on one...
- FUN FINDS CDS & DVDS. Umile, Dominic // Scholastic Parent & Child;Sep2011, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p47
The article lists several compact discs (CDs) and DVDs including "Gnomeo & Juliet," "Madeline and Her Friends," and "Cousins Jamboree."
- DVD manufacturing keeps skyrocketing. // Plastics News;10/23/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 34, p9
Projects the growth of global manufacturing of digital-versatile-disc (DVD) formats in 2001, according to Cambridge Associates Inc. president Richard Kelly. Slowdown of the growth rate for compact discs.
- CD/DVD librarian news. // Computers in Libraries;Jun98, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p54
Presents CD/digital video disk (DVD) news aimed at librarians. The shipment of the 1998 Thomas Registrar on CD-ROM by Thomas Publishing Company; The alliance of NSM Jukebox and Smart Storage with Seagate Technology to offer SERVEready storage solutions as an improved alternative to CD towers...
- CD/DVD librarian news. // Computers in Libraries;Sep98, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p70
Presents news for the CD/digital video disc (DVD) librarian as of September 1998. The introduction of a line of network-read so-called cluster-jukeboxes by SciNet; The family of CD duplicators by Boffin Limited; The announcement of DX-CD, a field-portable manually operated device to remove the...
- Maxell Releases Printable DVD-R Discs for Authoring and Development Pros. // Information Today;Sep2000, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p45
Focuses on the release of printable DVD-R discs from Maxell Corp. of America. Introduction of a family of DVD-R discs for authoring and development professionals; Usefulness in developing video and audio presentations; Report that Maxell's DVD-R discs utilize organic-dye, recording layer...
- Can Audio and Video Get Along? Lehrman, Paul D. // Mix;Dec2002, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p26
Focuses on the impact of tapeless studio on the recording industry with the advent of compact discs and digital video discs (DVD). Mixture of audio and video productions; Information on the significance of DVD; Use of a computer for the video.
- Escient Taps Into Others' DVD Changers. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;9/1/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 18, p50
Announces the return of Escient to compact disc/digital videodisc-management system with the introduction of its Fireball DVDM-100 device in November 2003. Price of the device; Features.