- Pioneer Offers SCSI, ATAPI Models of 6x DVD-ROM Drive. // EMedia Professional;Jan1999, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p24
Introduces a 6x digital video disc-read-only memory (DVD-ROM) drive by Pioneer New Media Technologies Inc. Compatibility with single- and dual-layer DVD; Provision of random seek times of less than 90 minutes; Availability in two interface options; Product features.
- Plug-and-play optical drive. // Management Services;Jan1994, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p36
Fujitsu Ltd. has introduced an external subsystem version of its 3.5-inch re-writable optical disk drive. This is one of the fastest magneto-optical products around with a spin speed of 3,600 rotations per minute, access time of 30 milliseconds (ms), media data transfer rate of 1.09 mega bytes...
- Memory-Tech, Toshiba Develop New Disc To Play HD And DVD. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;12/20/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 26, p4
This article reports on the partnership between Memory-Tech and Toshiba for the development of a dual-layer read-only memory (ROM) disc that can store content in both the high-density digital videodisc (HD DVD) and DVD formats. The newly developed ROM disc has a single-sided, dual layer...
- DVD Writer Handles Double-layer Disks. // Electronic Design;8/18/2005, Vol. 53 Issue 18, p38
Evaluates the optical disks DVD Writer from Toshiba Corp. Information that Toshiba's optical drives come with the LightScribe Direct Disc Labeling technology, which supports DVD+R double-layer write capability; Inclusion of the 6X SD-R5372V DVD-W writer and the slim-line SD-C2732 DVD-ROM for...
- Static ROM. Eady, Fred // Electronics Now;Dec93, Vol. 64 Issue 12, p66
Describes the design of a Static-ROM project, an alternative to expensive, professional microcontroller emulation systems. Use of Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory technology; Parts list.
- FIR-filter scheme saves ROM storage space. Jalaludeen, C.A. // EDN;5/11/95, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p136
Presents a model which reduces the storage requirement for larger-order filters of read-only memory (ROM). Equation using FIR filters; Circuit implementation.
- It's all in the algorithm. McGoldrick, Paul // Electronic Design;7/22/96, Vol. 44 Issue 15, p70
Focuses on programming an EEPROM. Floating gates; Charge levels; Resistor strings; Cycle comparisons; Programming window.
- Interbank function calling in ROM banks. Baker, Kenneth // Electronic Design;1/22/96, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p124
Presents software design ideas for multiple read-only memory (ROM) banks. Use of mutually exclusive control lines; Calling of functions across banks; Bank-switching handler functions.
- Best places to find drivers. McCracken, Harry; Spector, Lincoln; Lake, Matt // PCWorld;Apr98, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p112
Provides a listing of the best places to find drivers. Shareware 95; Frank Condron's World O' Windows; Drivers Headquarters; Microsoft Software Library Directory.