Stop, Hey, What's That Sound
- the sound of DVD: 5.1 MIXING OPINIONS part 1. Waldrep, Mark // EMedia Magazine;Apr2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p37
Part I. Deals with the challenges in enabling a digital video disc-based digital system to reproduce 5.1-channel surround sound. Requirements of multichannel music delivery; Guide for arranging speakers; Project of AIX Media Group.
- THE MAKING OF A DVD-AUDIO TITLE. Waldrep, Mark // EMedia Magazine;Apr2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p30
Details the digital video disc (DVD)-audio recording of New Jersey Symphony Orchestra's performance of Ludwig van Beethoven's `6th Symphony' and Ottorino Respighi's `Pines of Rome.' Recording equipment used; Background on high-resolution recording; Planning stages; Implications for other...
- Fostex PD-6. Petersen, George // Mix;Oct2002, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p166
Features the PD-6 DVD Audio Recorder from Fostex in California. Product design; Functions and usages; Quality of the product.
- DVD POV. Walsh, Christopher // Billboard;03/31/2001, Vol. 113 Issue 13, p60
Discusses expectations for DVD Audio in 2001. How record labels are preparing to release albums on DVD Audio; Expectation that the technology could replace compact discs; Thoughts on the sound quality of DVD Audio.
- The Magic Number For DVD Players Is 8. Arquette, Brett // PC Week;07/05/99, Vol. 16 Issue 27, p63
Suggests that digital video disc (DVD) recorders should be able to record a minimum of eight hours per DVD. Suggested use of DVD players in a courtroom; Benefit of having a track for text or annotation and a keyboard; Suggested combination of the technology with audio mining.
- Seeing The Future, Engineer Forges Ahead With 5.1 Mixing. Walsh, Christopher // Billboard;03/17/2001, Vol. 113 Issue 11, p44
Discusses the popularity of the 5.1 recording studio mixing format. Benefits of the DVD Audio format; Compatibility of the 5.1 format with many music genres; Comments of New York sound engineer Mark Partis.
- Alice In Chains DVD Inspires Innovative Surround Work. Walsh, Christopher // Billboard;04/07/2001, Vol. 113 Issue 14, p65
Reports on engineer Toby Wright's efforts to create a DVD Video compilation of rock group Alice in Chains music. Use of surround sound for the DVD; Discussion of the process of gathering the recordings of the band to be remixed; Responses to the surround sound.
- Liteon IT SOHW-1213S. Hall, Sarah // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;8/13/2004, Issue 1731, p32
Liteon IT SOHW-1213S is a dual CD/DVD writer and it's also highly portable, sounds like a good idea for working people on the move. Not only can one write to any DVD and CD media, one can also use the Liteon to store video, audio, images and all types of data files. It also comes equipped with a...
- The Ultimate Digital Performer Learning Series. Leiter, Richard // Keyboard;Apr2006, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p12
Reviews the video recording "The Ultimate Digital Performer Learning Series," released in DVD format.
- A Visit To Bob Ludwig's Audio And Multimedia Gateway. Verna, Paul // Billboard;01/30/99, Vol. 111 Issue 5, p40
Presents brief articles pertaining to the professional audio industry as of January 30, 1999. Description of the author's visit to Bob Ludwig's Gateway Mastering Studio; Staff of the studio which the author met; The 24-bit, 96-kilohertz-encoded stereo tracks from recent digital video disc (DVD)...