- Not just for movies. Brady, Sharon // ColoradoBiz;Jan2002, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p35
Reports on developments relevant to DVD technology compiled as of January 2002. Efforts by the Denver, Colorado-based firm, Centered Solutions Co. to tap the business potential of the DVD format; Comparison of DVD technology with VHS technology; Overview of DVD business applications.
- DVD growth ends year strong as numbers beat expectations. Scally, Robert // Discount Store News;11/8/99, Vol. 38 Issue 21, p61
Focuses on the sales of digital video disc (DVD) players. Forecast on the sales of DVD players in the last quarter of 1999; Comparisons in the number of shipments of DVD players between the third quarters of 1998 and 1999; Sales of DVD software.
- DVD sales expanding in grocery; Should drug chains enter game? // Drug Store News;6/28/99, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p68
Deals with the increasing sales of digital video discs (DVD) in drug chains and groceries. Observations of Gordon Prend, Warner Home Video's director of marketing for DVD; Difference between a videocassette recorder and a DVD player; Emergence of DVD.
- Mass to ride DVD viseo in 4Q. Scally, Robert // Discount Store News;10/4/99, Vol. 38 Issue 19, p31
Predicts the sales of digital video disc (DVD) in the United States as the 1999 Christmas holiday approaches. Comments from Derek Baine, senior analyst with Paul Kagan Associates in Carmel, California; Factors that may helped the strong sales of DVD; Projected sales of DVD.
- DVD: the most successful product in CE history. Scally, Robert // Discount Store News;2/7/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p31
Focuses on the success of digital video disc (DVD) technology in consumer electronic sales. Factors which contributed to the success; Sales of DVD discs and players since the format was launched in 1997; Available DVD brands and models; Forecast on the growth of the DVD industry.
- Double Take. Kooser, Amanda C. // Entrepreneur;Apr2002, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p47
Introduces several computer disc-rewritable/digital video disc combination drives as of April 2002. Addonics 12x Mobile DVD/CDRW; QPS Que! Fire DVDBurner; Samsung SM-316; Sony CRX85U/A2; Toshiba SD-R 1202.
- DVD Packaging. // DSN Retailing Today;7/24/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 14, p41
Offers a look at the creative packaging of the motion picture `Fight Club' released in digital video disc by Fox Home Video, which contribute to its strong selling point.
- Homevid honchos spin hopes on o'seas DVD. Groves, Don // Variety;01/31/2000, Vol. 377 Issue 11, p5
Provides information on the increasing sales of digital video discs (DVD) outside the United States. Total revenues from the sales and rentals of DVD; Comments from Warner Home Video President Warren Lieberfarb; Factors contributing to the increasing DVD sales.
- Disc Makers Form Group to Ease DVD Process. Clark-Meads, Jeff // Billboard;05/22/99, Vol. 111 Issue 21, p48
Announces that the International Optical Disc Replicators Assn. (IODRA) has been established to keep digital versatile disc (DVD) free of licensing problems. Chairman Guy Marriott; Aim for consistency and transparency in DVD licensing arrangements; IODRA membership.
- Case of the missing discs. Yates, Darren // Australian PC User;Jul2004, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p12
Criticizes the failure of DVD disc vendors to release 8x single-layer DVD-recordable media in Australia for use in dual-layer DVD burners. Impact of the competition between drive vendors on the price of DVD burners; Scheduled release for the dual-layer DVD discs of Verbatim; Problem with the ...