STB Introduces DesktopVCR MPEG Video-Capture Board
- MPEG's upgrade. Cugnini, Aldo // Broadcast Engineering;Nov2008, Vol. 50 Issue 11, p22
The article offers instructions for learning MPEG-4's (Motion Picture Experts Group) features and functions.
- Editing long-GOP video. Mullen, Steve // Broadcast Engineering;Nov2008, Vol. 50 Issue 11, p26
The article offers instructions for editing long-GOP MPEG-2 (Motion Picture Experts Group) images. INSET: MPEG-2 editing myths.
- Embedded Systems for Portable and Mobile Video Platforms. Sousa, Leonel A.; O'Connor, Noel E.; Mattavelli, Marco; Nunez, Antonio // EURASIP Journal on Embedded Systems;2007 Special Issue 4, p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Andrey Norkin on low-complexity multiple description coding of video based on 3D block transforms and another by Andrew Kinane on energy-efficient acceleration of MPEG-4 compression tools.
- MPEG nonconformists. Birkmaier, Craig // TVB Europe;Mar2000, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p51
Comments on digital video based on the international MPEG-2 standard. Why digital technology has been slow to reach the market; Difference of MPEG-2 from analog standards; Details on MPEG-2 conformance.
- the Stream team. Sauer, Jeff // EMedia Magazine;Oct2001, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p36
Focuses on the Moving Pictures Experts Group (MPEG) digital video technology. Difference of MPEG-4 from other lower bitrates; Description of streaming video formats over the Internet; Information on the MPEG video software products from Microsoft and RealNetworks. INSETS: Profiles in...
- How to be a DVD-Video author. Weldrep, Mark // TVB Europe;Sep99, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p76
Offers guidelines on how to produce digital video disc Video (DVD-Video). Production process of DVD-Video; Purpose of using MPEG-2 format for the DVD-Video; Role of quality control department in the production process.
- facts, figures, & findings. Schumacher-Rasmussen, Eric // EMedia -- The Digital Studio Magazine;Aug2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p12
Presents an update on digital video as of August 2002. Market growth of MPEG video chip merchant market between 2001 and 2006; Findings of the report '2002 Digital Media Facility Report,' published by SCRI and Digital Media Online; Percentage of increase in sales of digital video disc players...
- Video servers. Gilmer, Brad // Broadcast Engineering;Jul2000, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p40
Provides information on the inner mechanisms of video servers. Lessons about server design; Problems associated with the logical thinking about the difficulties in handling video; Relationship between incoming streams and information retention; Storage of materials on MPEG systems.
- MPEG-4 for Digital Video Broadcasting. Ohler, U. George // Broadcast Engineering;Jul2002, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p16
Focuses on the Moving Picture Experts Group (MPEG)'s multimedia toolbox MPEG-4 developed for Digital Video Broadcasting. Body which works on integration of MPEG-4; Details of video coding; Audio coding.