Online Inc., EMedia Professional Announce New DVD PRO Event
- What's up, doc? DVD meets Web. Haar, Steven Vonder // Inter@ctive Week;07/13/98, Vol. 5 Issue 26, p47
Looks at how Jim Banister, a vice president at Warner Bros. Online, feels about the next-generation compact discs, called digital videodiscs (DVD). Differences between a DVD and a typical compact disc; How Warner Brothers plans to improve the quality of its Web site with DVD technology; How...
- HELPLINE. Bokaie, Jemima // Marketing (00253650);2/8/2006, p40
The article presents questions and answers related to product and services. The first question is related to the positioning of a new product at a stadium entrance during a large sporting event. Next question is related to the production of a 30-minute training DVD for new staff in an employee...
- DISK DRIVE. // Daily Variety;4/6/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 3, p4
Presents news briefs relating to films on digital videodisc (DVD) as of April 6, 2005. DisneyToon Studios' production of the animated films "Kronk's New Groove"; Starlight Home Entertainment's release of a DVD set of the stop-motion animated television series "Davey and Goliath"; America...
- AOL SPINS UP EXTRAS. Hettrick, Scott // Daily Variety;3/15/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 55, p10
Reports on America Online's (AOL) expansion and creation of deals with major film companies to offer exclusive digital videodisc (DVD) extras from blockbuster movies. Partnership with Blockbuster to expand the DVD area of Moviefone into a resource for consumers to get DVD news or preview and...
- CIPD REPORT. // People Management;10/30/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 22, p47
The article talks about a digital video disc (DVD) and a seminar presentation involving the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD). A new interactive training DVD authored by training consultant Terry Gillen is the first in a series of DVDs that comes with access to trainer's...
- Sales of DVD players surpass expectations, stats say. // Computers in Libraries;Mar1998, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p64
States that statistics from the Consumer Electronics Manufacturers Association indicate that digital video disc (DVD) players are selling at rates significantly higher than those recorded for both the VCR and CD in their first six months on the market. Brief mention of statistics; Company...
- Computer makers ready to introduce DVD-ROM. Atwood, Brett; Fitzpatrick, Eileen // Billboard;06/28/97, Vol. 109 Issue 26, p1
Discusses DVD-ROM. The showcasing of the first generation of DVD-ROM equipped computers and drive-upgrade kits at the June 1997 Electronic Entertainment Expo in Atlanta, Georgia; How this will affect the viewing of digital versatile discs (DVD).
- Info Tech report says DVD-ROM sales to increase. // Information Today;Sep98, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p41
Reports on the results of a survey by InfoTech company concerning the projected increase of digital versatile disc players (DVD-ROM). Problems hindering the sale of DVD-ROM drives; Contact information.
- Digital versatile disc: The holy grail? Nicholls, Paul // Computers in Libraries;May96, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p61
Editorial. Relates that industry factions have finally agreed on a specification for the high-density optical disc. The Digital Versatile Disc (DVD); Who the warring factions were; What the compromise allows for, such as various single- and double-sided/layered media; DVD format for libraries.