Corporate DVD Authoring: Wave of the Future, or Oxymoron?
- Sales of DVD players surpass expectations, stats say. // Computers in Libraries;Mar1998, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p64
States that statistics from the Consumer Electronics Manufacturers Association indicate that digital video disc (DVD) players are selling at rates significantly higher than those recorded for both the VCR and CD in their first six months on the market. Brief mention of statistics; Company...
- Computer makers ready to introduce DVD-ROM. Atwood, Brett; Fitzpatrick, Eileen // Billboard;06/28/97, Vol. 109 Issue 26, p1
Discusses DVD-ROM. The showcasing of the first generation of DVD-ROM equipped computers and drive-upgrade kits at the June 1997 Electronic Entertainment Expo in Atlanta, Georgia; How this will affect the viewing of digital versatile discs (DVD).
- Info Tech report says DVD-ROM sales to increase. // Information Today;Sep98, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p41
Reports on the results of a survey by InfoTech company concerning the projected increase of digital versatile disc players (DVD-ROM). Problems hindering the sale of DVD-ROM drives; Contact information.
- Digital versatile disc: The holy grail? Nicholls, Paul // Computers in Libraries;May96, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p61
Editorial. Relates that industry factions have finally agreed on a specification for the high-density optical disc. The Digital Versatile Disc (DVD); Who the warring factions were; What the compromise allows for, such as various single- and double-sided/layered media; DVD format for libraries.
- DVD devices due ahead of schedule. Berinato, Scott; Snyder, Bill // PC Week;12/02/96, Vol. 13 Issue 48, p33
Reports in developments in Digital videodisk (DVD)-ROM and DVD-RAM data storage technology. Products to be released by Toshiba America Information Systems Inc. and other vendors; The primary attraction of DVD technology; Projected costs for DVD equipment; Contact points.
- CD/DVD services. // Third Sector;2010 Suppliers Guide, p22
A directory CD/DVD services providers in Great Britain is presented, which includes Dialogics.
- Resources to help you get up to speed on DVD. // Computers in Libraries;Sep97, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p69
Reports on print and electronic resources to help information specialists understand digital versatile disc technology. `Premastering in the Age of DVD: A Primer for Creating Content for Digital Versatile Disc,' from Sonic Solutions; `Digital Versatile Disc 1997: `Market Assessment, Competition,...
- Several vendors offer easy upgrades to DVD. // Computers in Libraries;Sep97, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p72
Mentions digital versatile disc (DVD) upgrade kits available with a drive and MPEG card as of September 1997. Creative Lab's PC-DVD Encore DXR2; Diamond Multimedia Systems' Maximum DVD Kit; DynaTek Automation Systems' DVD 471TII; Others; Prices; Contact points.
- Corrections. // Video Librarian;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p4
A correction to the article about the ordering business for the DVD "Yoga in Nature: Yoga Basics" is presented.
- Digital video disk systems enter retail like a lamb. Scally, Robert // Discount Store News;4/1/97, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p39
Discusses information about digital video disk systems. Technological benefits of the digital video disk (DVD); Technological and marketing problems of DVD; Questions that many industry observers have asked about DVD; Estimated sales of DVD audio/video players during its first year on the...