new products: media, mastering, replication & packaging
- Discotech. // Australian Personal Computer;Jul2002, Issue 283, p66
Reports developments related to compact discs industry in Australia as of July 2002. Features of 40x CDRW drive; Production of large quantities of digital media; Usability of data buffer.
- new products. // EMedia Magazine;Aug2000, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p16
Introduces several digital media products released in the market as of August 2000. Upgrade of ImageAutomator 105 compact disc-recordable (CD-R) production system from Microtech company; CD recording software CD WonderWriter for the Macintosh computer from Merkerks company; Automatic CD sleever...
- facts, figures, & findings. Schumacher-Rasmussen, Eric // EMedia -- The Digital Studio Magazine;Sep2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p14
Presents updates on the digital media industry in the U.S. as of September 2002. Number of manufacturer-to-dealer video products sold in June 2002; Increase in the sales of blank compact disc media during the first five months of 2002; Findings of a study on the significance of digital...
- Short List. Fletcher, Dan; Corliss, Richard; Grossman, Lev; Poniewozik, James // Time;1/18/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 2, p67
The article lists the journal's top selections for the best television shows, DVD, Book and compact discs (CD). The list includes the book "You Are Not A Gadget," by Jaron Lanier, the CD "Elvis 75: Good Rockin' Tonight," the television show "Big Love" and the DVD "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs."
- the LONGEST leaving ACT in town. Nathans, Stephen F. // EMedia Magazine;Aug2000, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p6
Compares several electronic media products in the market. Compact disc-recordable (CD-R); Digital video disc-random access memory; Double-density CD-R; Compact disc-read/write.
- CDs get physical in fight for their share. Sullivan, Paul // Music Week;1/20/2007, Issue 3, special section p11
The article focuses on techniques that record labels are using to increase the sales of music CDs. CD packaging is quickly becoming record labels' opportunity to compete with digital music sales, offering innovative designs and finishes that are not available with digital downloads. Comments...
- NEW GEAR. Fulton, Charles // Videomaker;Oct2005, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p14
The article evaluates several technology products including FastCoder bus-powered device from LaCie, Music 2 Hues' Theme Packs and DVD Designer Pro: Corporate Collection 1 DVD Templates from Motionism that includes 50 DVD menus, DVD covers and DVD labels.
- Stability Comparison of Recordable Optical Discs--A Study of Error Rates in Harsh Conditions. Slattery, Oliver; Richang Lu; Jian Zheng; Byers, Fred; Xiao Tang // Journal of Research of the National Institute of Standards & Tec;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 109 Issue 5, p517
The reliability and longevity of any storage medium is a key issue for archivists and preservationists as well as for the creators of important information. This is particularly true in the case of digital media such as DVD and CD where a sufficient number of errors may render the disc...
- Crackz. // Time International (South Pacific Edition);5/21/2007, Issue 19, p11
The article focuses on crackz, a word referring to codes that override digital security features. The article reports that there is a 32-character crack that disables the digital lock that prevents high definition-DVDs (HD-DVDs) from being copied, which poses a threat to the DVD industry. The...