new products: hardware
- Disk Imaging Tools: INSTALL, CLONE, MANAGE. Carheden, Adam // Windows IT Pro;May2005, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p27
Reviews and compares the disk imaging tools Altiris Deployment Solution 6.1, developed by Altiris Inc. and Symantec Ghost Solution Suite, from Symantec Corp. Product features; Pros and cons; Performance rating; Price; Contact information.
- Seagate: going perpendicular. // MarketWatch: Technology;Mar2006, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p14
The article reports that Seagate Technology Inc. has started volume shipment of the first production disk drives featuring high-density perpendicular recording. The new drives are 160GB 2.5 notebook devices packed in 45 percent more bits per square inch of platter than Seagate's equivalent...
- Future Looks Hazy For Enterprise Drives. // Storage Magazine;Apr2004, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p10
This article presents an outlook of enterprise disk drives. The 300 gigabyte drive is probably the largest enterprise drive the will stay in the market for a long time. In terms of the drives' hard error rate, putting more than 300 gigabyte on a spindle really opens up to a lot of risk. The...
- ASUS DRW-1608P. // APC (Bauer Media Group);Sep2005, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p60
Evaluates the ASUS DRW-1608P drive from Asustek Computer Inc. Features of the ASUS DRW-1608P; Price of the ASUS DRW-1608P; Option for those focusing on Double Layer burning.
- Gigabyte GO-W1616A. // APC (Bauer Media Group);Sep2005, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p60
Evaluates the Gigabyte GO-W1616A drive from GIGABYTE Technology Co. Ltd. Features of the Gigabyte GO-W1616A; Price of the Gigabyte GO-W1616A; Information on its capacity to burn DVDs.
- WORLD'S SMALLEST DISK DRIVE HAS COMPUTING, NON-COMPUTING APPLICATIONS. // Design News;7/20/92, Vol. 48 Issue 14, p14
The article reports on the shipment of the world's smallest disk drive developed by Hewlett-Packard Co. starting August 1992. The disk drive is a matchbook-size, 1.3-inch device that can store up to 21.4M bytes of data. The entire package, including housing, is 0.4 x 2 inches x 1.44 inches,...
- Seagate Technology SWOT Analysis. // Seagate Technology SWOT Analysis;Aug2005, p1
Presents an overview of Seagate Technology Inc., a leader in the design, manufacturing and marketing of rigid disc drives. Company overview, including revenues generated in fiscal year 2004, services provided, and principal businesses; Key facts, including contact information; Analysis of the...
- Company Overview. // Seagate Technology SWOT Analysis;Aug2005, p4
Presents an overview of Seagate Technology Inc., a leader in the design, manufacturing and marketing of rigid disc drives. Revenues generated in fiscal year 2004; Principal business offered, including the provision of a broad array of storage solutions.
- TRUE OR FALSE? METAL FOIL DRIVES! Davis, Nathan // APC (Bauer Media Group);Jan2007, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p9
The article reports that as per the claims of US technology columnist Robert X. Cringely, his new startup company can make faster, tougher and cheaper hard disc drives that use less power than present drives. These new drives have more storage capacity within the same space. Cringely's patented...