CustomDisc.com uses kiosks to move from internet to retail stores
- CustomDisc, Spree form alliance. // Fairfield County Business Journal;02/08/99, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p2
Reports on CustomDisc.Com's agreement with Spree.Com to launch an Internet site for CustomDisc.Com's music retail business.
- BMG spins CustomDiscs for corporate clients. Cheng, Kipp // Adweek Eastern Edition;4/26/1999, Vol. 40 Issue 17, p56
Reports on the partnership forged by Bertelsmann Music Group (BMG) and online custom compact disc purveyor CustomDisc for corporate incentives. Mechanics of the partnership that will offer custom CD mixes of selected songs as premium items for corporate clients; Effectiveness of the marketing...
- BMG Spins CustomDiscs For Corporate Clients. CHENG, KIPP // MediaWeek;04/26/99, Vol. 9 Issue 17, p48
Talks about the strategic partnership for corporate incentives between BMG Music Group and CustomDisc, an online custom compact disc (CD) purveyor. Services to be provided by CustomDisc to BMG; Information on how to access CustomDisc on the web.
- CustomDisc.com to access BMG. Conniff, Tamara // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;04/25/2000, Vol. 362 Issue 39, p8
Presents details on the licensing agreement of CustomDisc.com with BMG Entertainment. Access to the music catalog; Provision of an equity stake for BMG; Start of the alliance with a joint venture deal in August 1999.
- CustomDisc.com to try a new mix. Conniff, Tamara // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;05/09/2000, Vol. 362 Issue 49, p8
Reports on CustomDisc.com's decision to change its name to imix.com to reflect the expansion of its custom music compilation Web site. Web site's inclusion of personalized film and music video digital video discs (DVD); Conveyance of a broader image to consumers that parallels the company's vision.
- Chancellor Media Gets Stake In Net. Saxe, Frank // Billboard;06/26/99, Vol. 111 Issue 26, p86
Informs that Chancellor Media is taking a 25 percent ownership stake in the Internet music company Custom Revolutions. The company's CustomDisc.com Web site; Brief background information for Custom Revolutions.
- BMG Spins CustomDiscs For Corporate Clients. Cheng, Kipp // Brandweek;04/26/99, Vol. 40 Issue 17, p48
Reports on the announcement of BMG Music Group and CustomDisc about its strategic partnership for corporate incentives. Details of the agreement; Comments from Nicolas Darveau-Garneau, president of CustomDisc.com; Advantages of the deal.
- CustomDisc pacts with Sony music. Gillen, Marilyn A. // Billboard;03/04/2000, Vol. 112 Issue 10, p8
Reports on CustomDisc's teamup with Sony Music Entertainment to expand its custom music compilation branding concept. CustomDisc's gaining of access to Sony Music's catalog; Opportunity for Sony to reintroduce full-length out-of-print albums using CustomDisc's just-in-time manufacturing technology.
- Have It Your Way: We Shop the Custom-CD Sites for Sounds. Fitzpatrick, Eileen // Billboard;01/08/2000, Vol. 112 Issue 2, p58
Compares four web sites that offer users to download songs onto a custom-made compact disc. Cductive; Musicmaker; CustomDisc; Private Label CD.