Fitch's Claire Cohen Honored by NAST, MAGNY
- Three Women Garner Honors. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/7/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32563, p9
The article reports that Fitch Ratings consultant Claire Cohen has received the "Lifetime Achievement" award presented by Women in Public Finance group in Illinois. The group has called Cohen as a "living legend." She began her career with Dun & Bradstreet in 1956. Cohen retired as vice...
- CSG resources. // State Government News;Oct95, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p14
Reports that the National Association of State Treasurers (NAST) established the National Institute for Public Finance. Functions of the Institute; NAST as an affiliate organization of the Council of State Governments in Lexington, Kentucky; Role of the NAST.
- NAST advances public finance. // State Government News;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p34
Reports that the National Association of State Treasurers has hosted a number of students from the University of Delaware, Newark at the National Institute for Public Finance held July 1995. Composition of the inaugural class; Comments on the inaugural class.
- Treasurers' program wins kudos. // State Government News;Oct96, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p33
Reports on the National University Continuing Education Association's presentation of the 1996 Award for Excellence in Noncredit Program Development to the National Association of State Treasurers. Recognition of the 1995 program of the National Institute for Public Finance; Criteria used in...
- Fitch Moves to Update Its Review of Pension Obligations. KASKE, MICHELLE // Bond Buyer;2/22/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33470, p3
The article reports on the plans of Fitch Ratings Ltd. to update its review of the long-term pension obligations of states and municipalities in the U.S. under the company's evaluation of public finance credits.
- Public funds symposium. // State Government News;Jun/Jul2001, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p34
Highlights the April 11, 2001 symposium sponsored by the National Association of State Treasurers on public-fund collateral programs. Information on the collateral programs; Concerns of banks about collateral programs; Status of public deposits since 1997.
- Downgrades Beat Upgrades Again, Fitch Says. Riggs, Taylor // Bond Buyer;6/28/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33540, p6
The article reports on the prevalence of downgrades over upgrades on the ratings of public finance in the U.S. for the first quarter of 2011, according to Fitch Rating Ltd's report.
- Beaufort County Stabilizes. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/26/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32495, p33
The article reports on Fitch Ratings' decision to revise the rating outlook for Beaufort County, South Carolina to stable from negative. Fitch Ratings revised its rating to reflect Beaufort County's improved financial performance. The article also reports on the affirmation of the county's...
- Mexico: Downgrade Over, Peso Potential? // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/30/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 33, p13
The article discusses an outlook for the Mexican Peso. After Mexico's sovereign debt has been downgraded by Fitch, the Mexican peso is expected to post appreciation in the coming months. It is predicted that the Mexican peso will outperform the U.S. dollar if it is able to break the 12.76...