AFGI and Its Members Look for Ways to Tap European Market
- Ambac Shares Drop 17% After Disappointing Earnings Report. Daulerio, A. J. // Bond Buyer;4/21/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32116, p6
Reports that Ambac Financial Group Inc. has plunged a disappointing earning report on credit enhancement production of bond insurer Ambac Assurance Corp. Definition of credit enhancement production as gross up-front premiums with the present value of estimated installment premiums on insurance...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;8/2/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31194, p37
Presents statistics on the financial market in the United States as of August 2001. Market indicators; Prices of US securities; Municipal bond index.
- The Insurance Question. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/24/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32677, p1
The article discusses the author's views concerning the economic performance of the bond insurance industry for 2007 in the U.S. Standard & Poor's Securities Evaluations revealed that only single-A-rated ACA Financial Corp's insurance has suffered measurably in the municipal market so far,...
- Ambac Could Get $3 Billion Infusion. // American Banker;2/26/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 38, p22
This article reports that Ambac Financial Group Inc. may be rescued from crippling credit-rating downgrades by getting $3 billion of new capital. Citigroup Inc. and seven other banks are working with Ambac to prevent rating cuts that would throw doubt on the credit quality of the $553 billion of...
- FSA's McCarthy Named Chairman of AFGI. Meyers, Maxwell // Bond Buyer;1/24/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32304, p7
The article reports on the election of Sean W. McCarthy, president and chief operating officer of Financial Security Assurance Holdings Ltd., as chairman of the Association of Financial Guaranty Insurers (AFGI). The AFGI represents the insurers and reinsurers of municipal bonds and asset-backed...
- Spreads Slip to New Low, Though Rate of Drop Slows. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;8/11/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31696, p3A
Reports on the lowering underwriting spreads in the long-term municipal bond market due to the stiff competition among underwriters as of August 11, 2003. Slower rate of decrease in spreads compared to recent years; Three sectors which have shown improvement in underwriting spreads; Increase in...
- Kroll Agency Is Ready to Start Rating Bond Insurers. CHIN, TONYA // Bond Buyer;6/20/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33932, p3
The article focuses on the document of financial guaranty rating methodology issued by the Kroll Bond Rating Agency Inc. that shows the municipal bond insurance industry will continue to play a major role in the U.S. municipal bond market.
- Bond Insurance: Introducing a Better Business Model. Adelson, Mark; Butcher III, George H. // Municipal Finance Journal;Summer2015, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p25
Today's bond insurance industry has lost the ability to create value for the great majority of municipal bond issuers. Despite an environment of wide credit spreads, the weakened state of the active bond insurers has virtually eliminated their ability to improve pricing for issuers at or above...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, September 8. // Bond Buyer;9/8/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31714, p2
Presents financial statistics related to several bonds and securities deals in the U.S. during the first week of September 2003. Names of issuers and underwriters of various deals; Details of economic indicators for the week; Position of government securities on Friday September 5, 2003.