Colorado agency solicits funding proposals for rail line
- Virginia Beach-Norfolk rail link would use bonds. Gallo, Pete // Bond Buyer;09/03/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30222, p2
Reports that a proposed $450 million commuter-rail link between downtown Norfolk and the city of Virginia Beach waterfront would be funded in part by municipal bonds.
- Funding: Transit authorities have too much or too little. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;11/24/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30279, p34
Looks at emerging trends in the municipal bond market in the northeastern region in the United States as of November 24, 1997. Wide variation in financing offers for rapid transit systems throughout the state; Level of support from the public and lawmakers as important factors in the success of...
- Florida Agency Postpones Consideration of Train Bonds. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/8/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34321, p1
The Florida Development Finance Corp. postponed a June 10 meeting that was scheduled to consider the bond resolution for All Aboard Florida's $1.75 billion of private activity bonds.
- Commuter Rail Takes Off. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;12/18/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32776, p1
The article provides information on the Dallas-Forth Trinity Railway Express, the first commuter rail line project in the Southwest outside California. Competition for federal dollars to match local bond money is gaining intensity, as every major city in the Southwest is operating, building, or...
- Harrisburg, Pa., Receiver to Speak at Widener Law Program. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;3/28/2014, Vol. 123 Issue F313, p1
The article offers information on a conference related to municipal financial distress to be sponsored by the Widener University School of Law in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania on April 14, 2014.
- North Carolina. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p28
Reports that members of the Raleigh City Council in North Carolina voted to begin preparing a $45 million road bond referendum for May 5, 1997. Annual spendings on road construction.
- Alburqerque names seven bond underwriting teams. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;10/24/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30259, p6
Reports on Albuquerque, New Mexico officials' selection of seven teams to underwrite the city's revenue bond financings. Selection process; Underwriting teams include A.G. Edwards & Sons Inc.; Southwest Securities Inc.; Kious & Co.
- Controversial Refinancing Method Gains Ground Among Muni Issuers. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;7/10/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31674, p1
Reports on plans of municipal bond issuers of Washington State to employ refinancing methods to raise their gains. Sector in which issuers are more interested to examine type of financing feature; Shortcomings of refinancing deals; Reason why insurance companies dislike these schemes.
- Muni Yields Fall Two Basis Points; Issuers Price $700M in New Deals. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;10/22/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31745, p2
Reports on the decrease of municipal bonds for the third consecutive session as of October 22, 2003 in the U.S. Increased of hedging activity and asset reallocation; Disclosure of the trading range; Performance of tax-exempt bonds; Scale of serial prices.